Styles of BC’s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wyno

Contributor
Reaction score
I am new to SCUBA in fact I haven’t even started my classes yet. They start Monday.

To me it looks like the Back inflate BC would be a compromise between the Jacket style and the B/P and wing. Your thoughts please, and remember I am new and this is just an observation.

I'd say you're correct. Most Back Inflation BC's are more streamlined and less bulky than a jacket BC but less streamlined and more bulky than a BP/Wing setup. Now you can add stuff like pockets and integrated weights to BP/Wing setups too but IMO once you start doing that it defeats the purpose of a BP/Wing because then you're basically back to a Back Inflation BC with the addition of plate in it.

please check out the past threads about Backplate/Wings and Back Inflate BC's. In many cases, we have already hashed out, argued, debated, and char-broiled many of the topics related to these BC's.

Also use the search feature (the little blue button at the top middle of the page) to find threads on the various features you're looking into.

Then after reading that, come back with some more specific questions and we'll be more than happy to answer them.

--Mike

I have looked at the other past threads and I don't really want a debate on what is best or why I should pick one over the other.

GP did a good job at answering it.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom