Headaches more frequently?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bennedc

Contributor
Reaction score
Have any of you noticed an increase in headaches over the past month or so? I'm finishing up nursing school, so it might just be stress. But I was looking at the trends of atmospheric pressure, and I wonder if that has anything to do with it...

I usually never have headaches...it's not sinus-related (knock on wood) cause the nasal passages are high and dry right now...hope it stays that way. Pollen count is high today, though!

Just wondering if any of you have been hitting the Advil more often...

It could be sinus related, especially with the way the wind has been blowing here, in the South. Do you get them every year?

Do you get them like regular headaches, or do they seem to be unilateral and centered around/in one of your eyes?

On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the worst pain you've ever felt in your life, where do these rank?

Fish_Whisperer:
It could be sinus related, especially with the way the wind has been blowing here, in the South. Do you get them every year?

Do you get them like regular headaches, or do they seem to be unilateral and centered around/in one of your eyes?

On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the worst pain you've ever felt in your life, where do these rank?
I have an old hx. of migraines...definately not a migraine...those are total 10s.

This is about a 3/10, constant, nagging dull ache across my forehead.. No nausea, seeing spots, numbness, etc. with this one.

I usually don't have any headaches...but lately, over the course of the last month, I have them about 3 days or more per week. JUST ANNOYING!

It took a nap to relieve my H.A. Hope I don't get another one tomorrow. Has anyone else notice an increase in H.A. recently?

Me too, but I think mine is stress and adjusting to a radical dietary change.

Fish_Whisperer:
Phew... At least they aren't cluster headaches, then. Sounds like either tension headaches or sinus headaches. I hope they decrease in frequency. Good luck.

You mentioned that these cluster headaches give you pain across your forehaed and in eyes... I get these, a LOT...

Am now rather concerned as to why you said "Phew... At least they aren't cluster headaches, then". Is this something I should tell my doctor about?! :confused:

I do get them a lot, they are painful, sometimes more of an ache but sometimes VERY painful (can feel like I have a migraine in my eye, if that makes sense!).

Amy.

Amy_B,

Are you getting any back or neck pain in addition to your headaches? If so, check with a massage therapist or physiotherapist. (I usually get headaches in association with tight and tired muscles.)

Cluster headaches are a specific syndrome of headache, more common in men. They are a brief, very severe, unlilateral headache. A good writeup for the layman is at http://familydoctor.org/035.xml

The typical aching or throbbing frontal headache centered behind the eyes is not a cluster headache. It may be migraine, sinus, tension or related to other causes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom