hey, did you hear about this...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ch0ppersrule

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know this doesn't belong under Hawaii Ohana but under non scuba related.
This is on the KITV website.
No, she wasn't a diver and this isn't dive related.

Woman Bitten By Shark Off North Shore

POSTED: 12:47 pm HST March 23, 2006
UPDATED: 1:26 pm HST March 23, 2006
HONOLULU -- A shark bit a woman while she was in the water off of Oahu's North Shore on Thursday.
It happened at about noon at the beach known as Leftovers near Waimea Bay.
The woman suffered an injury to her leg. Paramedic officials said it is not a serious injury.
She made it to Kahuku Hospital, where she is being treated.

Hope the lady is okay. With all the runoff, every night I go home and see Haleiwa Harbor it just looks like a big chocolate (ruddy) milk mess. You can see spots of sediment still floating in the water far out into the ocean.

That's a pooper!! I was going to take the dogs for a swim tonight (out by Dillingham). Guess we'll just have to do dog baths only...

yea, do not swim with your dogs! ...you know what they say.

What do they say???

Roger said there was only 6 or 7' of vis at the pipe this afternoon....perfect conditions for the predators.....

I heard that dogs actually attract the sharks. That is great vis- LOL. I wouldn't be able to dive with conditions like that. I would be freaking out thinking there was a tiger behind me or coming head on. It just starting raining again. First it was pouring then it cleared up and was perfect, then the rain, then nice and now lots more rain. I hope it stops soon. LEESA- please don't corrupt any more of my wishes (LOL). How's that shed coming along with collecting water?

Melissa

lousey vis is perfect for sharks...they got there, Roger tied off and they left right away again....everybody was seasick and it was too bumpy to climb up the ladder.

it's coming down in buckets here now...with thunder and lightning too :bawling:! Roger just said...gee I hope it doesn't come in the door...

Corruption is fun
19.gif

I went out to Army beach last night, that's by the 2nd entrance to Dilliingham...we (dogs) usually can swim over this little patch of sand and that was even murky at about 2 feet. So we went to Mokoleiau (sp?) to just have dog baths and here came the rain.

I did see the interview on Ch 3 (cable) with the girl that got bit. She was bumped, then bit on the 2nd pass. She said the fin was this big [about 12+ inches with her hands].

Becareful anyone going in the water!!

justleesa:
lousey vis is perfect for sharks...they got there, Roger tied off and they left right away again....everybody was seasick and it was too bumpy to climb up the ladder.

it's coming down in buckets here now...with thunder and lightning too :bawling:! Roger just said...gee I hope it doesn't come in the door...

Lisa, you didn't tell me you have sharks! :11: LOL! Bummer on the vis and dives...

I am now cutting FIVE inches per day off the tape just for the rain gods to go away!

Cynde

lol...I've only seen white tip reef sharks...but I don't know what has seen me :D

The sun is coming our this morning....going to be humid..hope the trade winds pick up soon.

Back
Top Bottom