Freediver: Tanya Streeter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I've been watching a documentary that Tanya Streeter did for the BBC called Freediver, where she gets to freedive and scuba dive in several places, interacting with the marine life in each place. She gets to dive with manatees and all kinds of sealife in places like the Galapagos Islands, Belize and Turks and Caicos, just to name three. It was amazing and truly fascinating.

Has anyone else seen this, and do you know if it will be available on DVD in the near future?

ScubaTexan:
I've been watching a documentary that Tanya Streeter did for the BBC called Freediver, where she gets to freedive and scuba dive in several places, interacting with the marine life in each place. She gets to dive with manatees and all kinds of sealife in places like the Galapagos Islands, Belize and Turks and Caicos, just to name three. It was amazing and truly fascinating.

Has anyone else seen this, and do you know if it will be available on DVD in the near future?
Yes I saw it, thoroughly enjoyed it and I hope she will do another with emphasis on her training and diving. I did enjoy her interaction with the animals though. I did a clinic with her a couple years back in Austin. My claim to fame is that Tanya Streeter massaged a cramp in the back of my leg. Eat your heart out guys!:D

yea, she is incredible!

She was also on the History Channel program with the guys who dove the SS Niagra off the coast of New Zealand. She set the world record on the (Sled down-bagup) constant ballast[?] dive at 91 meters (296 feet)! In cold water no less!

I saw it and it was great, she is probably the best freediver i ever saw

SKBRDVR1:
She was also on the History Channel program with the guys who dove the SS Niagra off the coast of New Zealand. She set the world record on the (Sled down-bagup) constant ballast[?] dive at 91 meters (296 feet)! In cold water no less!

The sled is No Limits.

I saw that and was a little disappointed with the lack of video of her pushing it. But she did do an awfully tough freedive (well, with a torpedo anyway) in the Blue Hole a couple hundred feet deep and into an overhead environment. Very impressive.

Hey, Freediver, good work faking that cramp. I'm surprised you didn't stop breathing, just to go in for the kill. :) That scene from Sand Lot just came racing back.

JB

RockPile:
The sled is No Limits.

I saw that and was a little disappointed with the lack of video of her pushing it. But she did do an awfully tough freedive (well, with a torpedo anyway) in the Blue Hole a couple hundred feet deep and into an overhead environment. Very impressive.

Hey, Freediver, good work faking that cramp. I'm surprised you didn't stop breathing, just to go in for the kill. :) That scene from Sand Lot just came racing back.

JB
Well, I kept telling her I wasn't breathing but she wouldn't buy it! Besides, her husband Paul was with us (he is a super guy by the way!).

At least you tried...

I loved this show! Tivo'd it and have been showing it to everyone I can lure to my living room. I have a buddy coming over tomorrow along with the promise of a free meal. Pitiful what it takes to amuse me. :)

My favorite part was her diving in Belize and seeing the juvenile trunk fish. Soo precious. :) Also, her freediving the Blue Hole. I believe that was a 140 ft dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom