Should I have reg put together at LDS or DIY???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaHel:
Just got my first equipment and wanted to know if I should put it together myself or go to a LDS???

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I'd go to the LDS. They have the experience and if a part fails I'm sure they would replace it. Also think about any warranty issues too.

Definately let the LDS put it together for you the first time. Changing hoses and such isn't that big a deal but you'll feel smarter if you have the LDS guys show you how to do it correctly.

If you purchased the reg from a shop that includes assembly and testing as part of their service, them let them do it. If you are curious or want to participate in configuring your rig, I'd expect they will cooperate. If you need the assembly assistance, make sure you purchase the reg from a shop that will provide it. If you just want to DIY, it will be your reg so your choice. But you can always rearrainge things later. If you purchased from a shop that does not provide assembly service and you are not prepared to do the job yourself; be ready to get a bill, possibly large, from the servicing LDS. Some may include a "you didn't purchase this here punishment tax" that may negate any savings you thought you were making.

If you have to ask, you should let them do it.

PWCPD Diver:
I'd go to the LDS. They have the experience and if a part fails I'm sure they would replace it. Also think about any warranty issues too.
if you did not buy it from a legitimate dealer that the manufactuer authorized there is NO type of warrenty..Does not matter if a authorized lds puts it together.. You should expect a bill of anywhere from $25. on up..The lds would put it together and check the intermediate pressure,as they would if you had purchased it from them..if there is a problem with it and the facility can fix it they will charge you for it..or you have to send it back to whatever place you ordered it from.

I would have my LDS assemble it, especially if you're not comfortable doing it.

ScubaHel:
Just got my first equipment and wanted to know if I should put it together myself or go to a LDS???

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

You didn't state if it was new or used equipment...if its used...definitely have it checked by your LDS...:D

ScubaHel:

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

EASY, go to your LDS if anything breaks they are much better equipped to handle the repairs. Additionally, if you have never done it, do you really want to put your life on the line if something goes wrong at 60' due do you not getting something just right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom