hard to find scuba stuff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've got a small machine shop, and I'm looking for ideas for hard to find scuba stuff. Be it custom or production, are there any gadets, brackets, clips, etc... that divers have a need for?

Hmmm...
Maybe try to design a new and improved spear head?
Or maybe designing and building underwater housings for Mag-Lites (or some other popular brand of flashlight).

Sorry, I don't have much dive experience and that's the best I could come up with at the moment. Free up anyway.

-McGill

do you do stainless? if you do....boy do I have a wish list.

If you can do stainless and titanium I might suggest some of the tools. I know there was another thread just recently with someone looking for a stainless steel adj. cresent wrench. I would put my order in for a pair of stainless/titanium wire cutters.

Acrylic ends for diy video housings along with some nice handles with switches in them. Dive light battery canister lids pre drilled, tapped, & milled. Light heads with dual MR16 or MR 11 bulbs. A nice billet clamp for holding a modified maglight to a flex arm or goodman handle.

For my Ideas you can send me a free sample :D

kidspot, a HP port is simply a #4 boss fitting. I'm sure McMaster Carr has 'em. In a pinch, it is easy to saw off the nipple from a standard #4 flare/pipe to fit HP port. Now, isn't that a good answer considering you didn't even say whether the adapter was to be male or female NPT?

Is the DIN adapter female or male?

Back
Top Bottom