Just got back from BTS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tridacna

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Just spent the day at Beneath The Sea in NJ. What a great tradeshow. Talk about equipment info overload! Saw some neat stuff. New Atomic Mask is truly amazing. I've never seen such a low volume mask. Beautifully made. But the real winner was the Hydro-Optix mask. (They had a pool to try them out). Wow! My eyes are sufficiently messed up that I do not need contact lenses. What a great concept. Unbelievable difference from a flat mask.

All the usual suspects were there. It was nice to meet Chatterton and Kohler. They are offering dives with them for $250 for charity. Really nice guys. Makes a nice change to go to a trade show that "I REALLY want to be at" vs the usual corporate "have to be there shows"!

Anyone else go from the NE?

My sales manager said it's been the best attended BTS he has ever worked!

He said OWUW was very busy too.

It bodes well for a good year in the scuba business, which would sure be welcome!

Chad
FL Zeagle Rep

Tons of great stuff. Lots of cool people. Hans and Lotte Hass were a riot at the film festival.

tridacna:
Just spent the day at Beneath The Sea in NJ. What a great tradeshow. Talk about equipment info overload! Saw some neat stuff. New Atomic Mask is truly amazing. I've never seen such a low volume mask. Beautifully made. But the real winner was the Hydro-Optix mask. (They had a pool to try them out). Wow! My eyes are sufficiently messed up that I do not need contact lenses. What a great concept. Unbelievable difference from a flat mask.

All the usual suspects were there. It was nice to meet Chatterton and Kohler. They are offering dives with them for $250 for charity. Really nice guys. Makes a nice change to go to a trade show that "I REALLY want to be at" vs the usual corporate "have to be there shows"!

Anyone else go from the NE?

My wife and I went on Sunday and had fun. Chatterton and Kohler are very easy going guys. Always fun to talk to them!

We also went to Jerry Shine's talk on shore diving. Very nice time. I highly suggest his book on shore diving New England, A Shore Diving Guide to New England. Perhaps the most informative and complete book on the topic. 25 bucks well spent! He didn't even mention his book in his talk. I would love to dive with him sometime.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom