Complete diving set in germany

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Raist

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all! I currently own no scuba gear at all and thinking of buying a complete scuba set. After researching the net for a while I came across 2 scuba sets which I'm interested in. Can anyone tell me whether these 2 sets are better (price vs performance)? Sorry I know this question must've been asked before, I know most gears are personnal choice but still if any pros here can tell me their opinion I'd be very greatfull!
Set 1 (Price €1,649)
- Seemann wetsuit "definition"
- Mares BCD "Eurojacket"
- Mares reg "MR22/Abyss 2005 + octo proton"
- Oceanic Comp. "Datamax Pro plus 2"
- IQ Company bagpack "Dive bag 180"

Set 2 (Price € 1,099)
- Oceanic BCD "Probe QLR"
- Oceanic reg "Oceanic delta4 FDX10 + Octo Alpha 8"
- Oceanic COmp. "Datamax Pro plus 2"

For the second set I'd still need to buy wetsuit, thinking of oceanic Neos Titan flex (2 parts) - price €279. And a divebag, no idea which one is good. Making the total of Set 2 -€1,378.

And afterwards I still need to buy the mask and fins, still researching on it, no idea which one is good.

I would use the scuba gear mainly for cold water (germany around this time of the month) and also warm water (Indonesia at any other time of the year).

Anyway, thanks for reading this far! Again any comments would be highly appreciated!

Thanks,
Raist

hi! can't anyone give me their opinion?? Please if you don't know about the price just tell me whether these 2 sets are comparable (in the same level).
Thanks

Raist:
- Mares BCD "Eurojacket"

Please, get some better gear. Or you will spend the next three years defending your choices AND deal with your annoyingly crappy dive gear. -Until you give up and quit diving or take a bite of the sour apple and start bying all over again. Many of us have been there, including me. I'm just giving you my advice straight from the heart here. No bad thoughts.

I know nothing about any of this specific gear. All I can say is people usually try on many wetsuits to find the one that fits right, and many BCs to find the one that fits right and has the right features, etc. The odds of a prepackaged set of gear being all right for a person seem low. Some places will do "packages" where you choose the individual parts which is better.

Thanks for your replies!!
KOMPRESSOR, can you please elaborate on what you think is crappy about this gear?

Raist:
Thanks for your replies!!
KOMPRESSOR, can you please elaborate on what you think is crappy about this gear?

Yes, especially anything with Mares written on it. This is not really meant as brand bashing from me here. It's just that we've owned a pair of Mares regs which froze up in 5C, and they are a disaster to have served around here where we live. We dive in cool waters though, and that might color my opinion.

As for the wet suit I can't really tell, other than it should be really, really cheap. Why? Because Seeman Sub IS cheap... I've seen the importer's price list, and it doesn't connect with "retail price" at all.

As for the computer, what is it? (Which should also be considered a reply to you question.) Get something well known and with a good reputation.

All right! Thanks for your comment KOMPRESSOR! I'd definately tried the wetsuit and the BCD before I purchase anything. But I'll put your comment in mind.

Herzlich wilkommen Raist,

I agree with the Mares comment. I have Mares regs, they work fine, but I had a freeflow with it in 5C water. My local shop is a dealer so there's no problem servicing them. I like the Apeks ATX50 regulator with a DS4 first stage.

Regarding your suit, try it on!!! Never get a suit that looks good on paper. I dive locally (during the winter too) and I use a Cressi Lontra 7+7mm.

Any other questions? Just click this link: Send me a PM!

Laurens

Raist:
Hi all! I currently own no scuba gear at all and thinking of buying a complete scuba set. After researching the net for a while I came across 2 scuba sets which I'm interested in. Can anyone tell me whether these 2 sets are better (price vs performance)? Sorry I know this question must've been asked before, I know most gears are personnal choice but still if any pros here can tell me their opinion I'd be very greatfull!
Set 1 (Price €1,649)
- Mares BCD "Eurojacket"
- IQ Company bagpack "Dive bag 180"

Set 2 (Price € 1,099)
- Oceanic BCD "Probe QLR"
- Oceanic reg "Oceanic delta4 FDX10 + Octo Alpha 8"
- Oceanic COmp. "Datamax Pro plus 2"

For the second set I'd still need to buy wetsuit, thinking of oceanic Neos Titan flex (2 parts) - price €279. And a divebag, no idea which one is good. Making the total of Set 2 -€1,378.

And afterwards I still need to buy the mask and fins, still researching on it, no idea which one is good.

I would use the scuba gear mainly for cold water (germany around this time of the month) and also warm water (Indonesia at any other time of the year).

Anyway, thanks for reading this far! Again any comments would be highly appreciated!

Thanks,
Raist

Welcome Raist

IMO go for set #2 you will have great stuff for many years of good diving.
For the suit the seemann and the oceanic are the same so you just go for the color
you like.Only your price might be off.
As for the bag forget the IQ they stink(week zipper),beter look for the Oceanic steamer or
when you can get your hands on one buy one from RalfTech.

Have fun keep wet:D

Thanks for your comment 300bar diver! Do you have personal experience with any of the gears i mentioned above?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom