A wonderful day at sea...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Yesterday we took up okamiotoko2004's most generous offer of riding a navy ship for the day.
What a treat that was! He got us on board and showed us around...where he works, the ships store and barbar shop...the works (what was allowed that is)! We had a very nice breakfast in the ships dinningroom (for lack of a better work)...someone had a lot of talent and painted the walls with a tropical scene. We were also taken up to the bridge and there were a couple of spots on the ship where things, like fire protection and weapons, were displayed and explained.

Later they set up a big BBQ and put on the music....there we were 12 or so n.miles from shore having fun :D

Even though the day was overcast I was able to get some nice pictures and as soon as I finish work...I'll post a couple.

Just wanted to say a big Mahalo to okamiotoko2004 for such a treat...Roger said it brought back lots of good memories.

(PS: We saw rain everywhere but the were able to dodge the rain all day...giving me a perfect sunburn...would you believe it???)

Glad you had a great time. I wish I would have seen that post before. I am somewhat jealous now. I still haven't been on a ship (other than the Mighty Mo). Can't wait to see the pictures.

Melissa

I wish I could have gone, but I work Saturday mornings. I've been on a battleship before, and it's definitely a treat.

Glad to hear you guys had fun.

Aloha All
Yes it was indeed fun. Many thanks to okamiotoko2004 . It is amazing how the Navy has changed in the last 20 some years. As a former Gunners Mate, I was impressed how effective the modern systems are. Wow, zero to 31 plus knots in under 70 seconds. Great food, and fun demos. What a lot of fun. Thanks Chief.
Aloha Turtleguy9

Wow, Leesa, amazing pictures (as usual)!!

Were they really shooting live rounds with you guys on board?

Thanks Becky :blush:

well they sure made a lot of noise, but blanks would too wouldn't they? I'd have to ask Roger if they were live or not...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom