Travel to Red Sea from Turkey or Greece - Advice Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dafong

New
Reaction score
Hi

Have recently quit my 90-hr week job and will soon be embarking on a solo RTW trip for 6 months! Have always wanted to dive the red sea - thinking of Sharm to start off with - will be by myself so good social scene is important. Plan to travel through Turkey / Greece for the month of June, and looking for advice on:

1. Best way to travel to Sharm from med coast of Turkey / Greece
2. Other convenient / safe options other than by plane?
3. Discounted flight websites (european travel) which permit credit card transactions with billing address OUTSIDE of the US / UK

Many thanks!! Any help would be much appreciated...

You inspire me to create a dream trip.........
a cruise from Turkey or Greece to Haifa port in Israel.....dive the antiquities in Caesarea......Visit Jerusalem......swim in the Dead Sea, get mudded and massaged at one of the spas there......head down to Eilat, dive, dive, dive.......over into Taba,dive,dive, dive more..........gradually heading down the Sinai*Riviera* diving each stop......'til Sharm.......then fly to the South Pacific...........

Red Sea Shadow:
Best way to travel from Turkey or Greece to Sharm is by plane. another option is to travel to Alexandria by ferry then to Cairo and Sharm by bus.
In case you need help in Sharm, PM me.

Asser

I'm also by chance looking into traveling from Greece to Sharm in May. Do you have any more specific information about the ferry? The reason is that we'll be attending a wedding on Santorini island in Greece, so it's a small flight to get to Athens, then another flight to Cairo, then another small flight to Sharm. Due to the flight schedules, it could take all day or longer. I know a ferry might take a long time too, but maybe it's more direct.

Two words...bucket shops.

In Athens you can go to one of these bucket shops and get a cheap, cheap ticket to Egypt. I've never done it but I know people who have.

wwu123:
I'm also by chance looking into traveling from Greece to Sharm in May. Do you have any more specific information about the ferry? The reason is that we'll be attending a wedding on Santorini island in Greece, so it's a small flight to get to Athens, then another flight to Cairo, then another small flight to Sharm. Due to the flight schedules, it could take all day or longer. I know a ferry might take a long time too, but maybe it's more direct.

Unfortunately I have no info about the ferry.
I could give you a hand when you reach Egypt. For the ferry, I think you should post your message in Europe forum. May be somebody there could help.

There is another way also. There is ferry from Cyprus that goes to Israel. Then Eilat and you cross the Egyptian border in Taba. Form Taba you can take a bus to Sharm.

Mania

mania:
There is another way also. There is ferry from Cyprus that goes to Israel. Then Eilat and you cross the Egyptian border in Taba. Form Taba you can take a bus to Sharm.

Mania

That's basically what I was (cryptically) trying to say. There are also cheap (about $42) flights to Eilat from TelAviv. if you come through Israel you can call me to see if I'm driving down within your schedule. PM for phone#. I go about once a month or 5 weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom