Dive Rite + Halcyon = ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BUD53

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I posted this thread on another board and thought I'd post it here for input. I do mostly non deco, single tank diving, but am piecing together a doubles set up slowly (though I will not use them often). I am switching to a tech style rig and have a question. :06: ...........I really like the Dive Rite transplate harness. It has the chest connector that holds the shoulder straps in proper position for me, and all the d rings and connectors are metal ( don't like plastic). It is also WAAAYY more comfortable to me than the halcyon one web set up. -"BUT"- I really like the Halcyon Eclipse wing. It's very streamlined for singles, and has a super tough shell. I don't like the Dive Rite wings because they are not as trim in the water and I also don't like the gussett or bungee cord bladder. NOW, all that brings this question. I haven't set up a tech rig. I know some plates and so fourth are interchangeable, SOOOO........ could I marry a DR Transplate harness to a Halcyon Eclipse wing using either a DR or Halcyon plate?????? This would be the shizzzzznittt of a tech set up for me and I could interchange a larger Halcyon wing for diving doubles! Someone, anyone, got an answer?????????????

yeah, you can mix and match

the Halcyon wings are sweet

but.. why not just get a simple harness? you don't really need the transplate harness,
and the simple ones are much cheaper and, personally, a lot better

Back
Top Bottom