Some asked about bungee loop on BP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba446

Reaction score
Someone recently asked how the bungee loop was to be put on the BC for wings to keep the inflator hose at your left side....I just found a pic if you still need it...

I was just surfin the board and I am now interested, what does the back side look like, how are the two ends joined? I am rec only but have been using surgical tubing to keep some of the bits tucked in. This looks cool...

I use a rock climbers 'grapevine' knot. You can probably find deirections on how to tie one by doing a search online...its hard to explain w/o seeing..

I could shoot a video on how to tie one and e-mail it, but it would be a large file and you'd need DSL media to be able to download it in less than 1 year...

But no that would take forever, I can probably figure it out. This not doesn't come ou because of the memory in the strands?

Not the grapevine knot - its bombproof - thats why climbers USE it!

Go do a search for rock climbing knots and see if you can find it...its called the grapevine knot..

This first knot will hold and is easy to tie. (Square Knot)

The second is the the fishermans knot and will hold. The double fighermans knot is more secure, but requires an extra wrap around.

You don't need bomb proof, just tight. Not like your life is hanging off this 1/8" bungy. :) I use the second knot pictured because it has a nice flat profile and wonl't slip or undo when theres no load on it.

(Edited to correct nameing)

Since we're discussing this attachment point, what part of the inflator system do you put in it? Some folks put the end of the inflator in it, some just run the LPI hose (not the corrogated hose) through it. I wonder what most people do?

Tom

I run the ENTIRE corragated hose and LP hose right thru it - its loose, so the hoses can MOVE thru the loop, as needed..

After taking Andrew's DIRF class, I only put the corrogated hose through the bungie and the LP inflator hose on the outside of it. Andrew demonstrated that if you have the LP inflator hose on the inside of the bungie, the bungie can get caught on the LP inflator hose and actually disconnect it.

Stacey

Not having had the benefit of any sort of training on how it should go, I just did what seemed right.

I've been putting just the bottom part of the inflator (up to the button, basically just the mouthpiece part) in mine. When I need to dump gas I pop it out and lift the hose. I've gotten where I can do it with one hand but it IS kind of a pita. I think I'll try Stacey's method on my next dive.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom