Custom Spring Straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wayward Son

Contributor
Reaction score
I make them to fit you & for your fins/boots. I am offering a $5 discount to scubaboard members. Shown are my normal prices, SB members take $5 off.

I make them with 3 different types of mounts.

I cut them custom to fit you. The clear tubing over the springs can be either cut clear of the foot pocket, as they are in these pics, or full length to cover the spring from end to end, which ever you prefer. Most people have chosen full length.

In order to know which springs I have to use I need a measurement from you. For fins that use a post to attach the strap buckles, while wearing your boot & fin with the buckles & strap removed measure from the center of one post, around the heel, to the center of the other post. Be sure you get your boot all the way inside the fin for proper fit.

For Jet fin types, do the same only from the pin holding the buckle to the fin to the same point on the other side.

Again, take $5 off of these prices. If you are interested in having some made, just shoot me a PM & I'll be happy to fix you up.

Common length sets for Blades & similar mounts are $44 shipped domestically. If you use Rock boots or some such that require unusually long springs, the springs I have to buy cost a lot more. Those are $54 shipped domestically.

These are on my wife's Aqualung Blades. Most post type mounts such as Apollo & Mares will use these:

bladefinished.jpg

bladeside.jpg

Common length sets for Jets are $39 shipped domestically. If you need long springs those are $49 shipped domestically.

Jet Fins and similar mounts, such as Rockets and Twin jets:

jetfinished.jpg

Common length sets for Atomics are $44 shipped domestically. If you need long springs, those are $54 shipped domestically.

Atomic fins use a unique post. I came up with this to attach spring straps to them without having to modify the fins. These came out nice, but are more labor intensive & can take me a bit longer to ship:

apollo.jpg

apolloside.jpg

apolloside2.jpg

apollotop.jpg

Wayward Son:
I make them to fit you & for your fins/boots. I am offering a $5 discount to scubaboard members. Shown are my normal prices, SB members take $5 off.

Wayward Son: Good deal for scubaboard members. Your solution for spring straps works very well with our bio-fins.

That's less than it would costs for you to make your own. Great deal!

A few days left. I'll be offline over the weekend, but if anyone wants a pair just shoot me a PM. I'll honor the deal even if we don't finalize it until next week, for any PM's through sunday.

Just got mine! Build quality is spectacular...I got a set for my JetFins, wife got a set for her Volos. Both are a perfect fit on both the fins and on our feet. The set-up for the JFs is a pretty standard design, but the attention to detail really takes them the extra yard. The set-up for the post style fins (Volos, etc) is completely BOSS! You will not find a better way to secure a spring strap to your post-type fin...period. My wife's old set has significantly chewed through her post...these will stop that completely, and with the shackle-type of connector there will be no worry of loosing a spring strap between dives. Also, love the full spring coverage with the heavy gauge plastic tubing...doesn't slide side to side or cut into the ankle as much as others we have tried. Thanks Wayward!

-Trey

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom