Whiskey Wreck and Alabama Point Jetties 4-1-6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Meeting at 8AM at the McDonalds in Loxley(Exit 44 off I-10) to head to the Whiskey Wreck on Saturday. Should be in the parking area next to Bahama Bob's around 8:45AM. Gonna do ~1hour dive and then a quick gear down to drive to the jetties(arriving 11:15-11:30 hopefully) to hit the water just before high tide(12Noon).

Max depth at the Whiskey will be around 15'.
Max depth at the Alabama Point Jetties will be around 30'.

Come one, come all, its gonna be fun!

Do the "NO RAIN dance", Gulf-Gulper and I are planning on being there.

Just keep philmotrek away otherwise we'll need surfboards!

See I didn't even know that you were diving until after the fact! I bet the gulf was flat. Now what was that I read about feeding the fishes?

Arg!

I went to a Crystal Method(DJs - technoish music) show at Ceville Quarters in P'Cola the night before and had more to drink than I really needed. Stupid move by me, the fish got the better part of the deal!

I would really like to go, but I have a ER rotation for an EMT class that day :( Let me know the next time you guys plan to go, I'm dying to learn the local spots and maybe grab a few fish!

You can do it Paul!

HK182:
I would really like to go, but I have a ER rotation for an EMT class that day :( Let me know the next time you guys plan to go, I'm dying to learn the local spots and maybe grab a few fish!

Keep an eye out on the forums, probably gonna be hitting the Whiskey pretty often now that its divable again.

paulwall:
Do I dare try another run over to the Redneck Riviera, two weeks in a row?

You have the econo-divetruck now, what excuse do you have NOT to come? :D

Saturday night isssssssssss my last day in my rotation to work ...If I feel like trying to tough it out I might try and go ahead and go ..... Hey , its just sleep who needs that!!!!!!!!
But I might try and do a night dive on the whiskey Sunday night if the sea are okay....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom