pictures of the sewage mess in Waikiki

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Man, da main dat broke is all 'bus up brah!

Driving down the Ala Wai is going to be like doing traffic suicide!
Yesterday afternoon, at around 4 they reduced it all the way down to 1 lane...not to mention the smell as you can only go by slowly. There were 4 or more pumps on both sides of the canal pumping the sewage directly into it....what a sight. They are talking about millions of gallons of sewage being pumped into the canal. I doubt that anyone will be doing any paddling in the near future.

So if you can, best you stay away. Especially during Rush-Hours.

Oh +$#@&*@!!! Now the electricty went out!!! grrrrrrrrr....This battery isn't going to last long...

Went out to take some pictures...it is really icky....I can't believe, like they say in the article, that if they pump this stuff in the Ala Wai it won't contaminate Waikiki Beachs....

These are 4 of the 6 pumps that are pumping the pure sewage into the Ala Wai

IMG_8104.jpg

IMG_8102.jpg

IMG_8133.jpg

IMG_8107.jpg

IMG_8108.jpg

IMG_8112.jpg

IMG_8124.jpg

IMG_8131.jpg

Hey Leesa,
You getting some more rain? It has rained steadily on Hickam (all day). Just glad it isn't pouring like it did over the entire weekend.

Melissa

on again and off again....when we lost the electricity it had stopped raining for a while and I was able to get the pictures with out taking an umbrella with

gee Lisa, I must say this is really getting me even more excited about our trip in...er...10 days? LOL!...am praying to the rain and sewer gods for it all to stop...LOL!

hey leesa-web-cam, yuck that water looks bad! Are they going to the YO?

Looks like Doheney Beach after we get some hard rain :yuck:

catherine96821:
hey leesa-web-cam, yuck that water looks bad! Are they going to the YO?

Well Roger went diving this morning....don't know where yet though. On the news they just said that the water is contaminated from Kaisers (about at the start of Kewalo park) to Rock piles (which is off to the left- Past Kaka'ako, right?) I think there are only certs on the boat...maybe they will do deep deep dives

Cynde:
gee Lisa, I must say this is really getting me even more excited about our trip in...er...10 days? LOL!...am praying to the rain and sewer gods for it all to stop...LOL!

Thanks Cynde! we can use anything we can get....:14:

Back
Top Bottom