list your top 10 sites out of sharm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubblemonkey

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
please list your top 10 dive sites out of sharm, no tech dives and please keep the thread to sharm only.

thanks.

OMG
This takes some time to think. No tech dives?
OK here it goes:
1. Thomas Reef
2. Woodhouse reef
3. Ras Gaslani
4. Lighthouse (Beacon Rock) (the one in Sharm - rarely anyone dives there)
5. JackFish Alley
6. Thiestlegorm
7. Shark's Observatory
8. Jackson reef (but on the right side of the shamadura - most divers go to the left side and normally this side is a jaccuzi dive)
9. Temple
10. Ras Nasrani

Because the so-called tech were not supposed to be included it eliminated some great sites...
Mania

thanks for your lonley response.

we are only AOW and have no Nitrox certs, the reason I wanted to not list "tech" dives is we are only there for a week and want as much bottom time as poss.

Assuming nothing deeper than 30m (no tech dives)
In no particular order

Ras Goslani
Thomas Reef
Woodhouse reef
Gordon Reef
Ras Umm Sid
JackFish Alley
Thistlegorm
Shark Observatory
Anemenone City, Shark Reef and Yolanda reef (as a single dive current permitting)
Temple
Ras Nasrani

I know there not exactly Sharm but both the Canyon and the Bell at Dahab are superb dives and can be done as a day trip from Sharm so that makes 12

Shark reef itself is great but Yolanda is great for one or two dives.
After all how many times cay you look at toilets and basins
:D
Mania

I think Nabeq is close enough to be considered as a "Sharm" dive. In that case, I would definitely add it to the honorable lists mentioned above.

My list:

Shark reef (and any combination with Anemone city and/or Yolanda)
Jackson
Thomas
Woodhouse
Nabeq (Nahlat el Tal / El Arqana)
Thistlegorm
Ras Um Sid
Ras Nasrani
Dunraven (and the surrounding reef)
Ras Ghazlani

I also like the architecture of the Tower, although this site was really much better about 10-15 years ago.
The sites north of Ras Um Sid (The Amphoras, Pinky's wall, Turtle bay) are also good dives IMHO, as well as Shark Observatory, Ras Zaatir and Jackfish alley.

Darn, too many good dives in Sharm. Better stay one more week and do them all. Or even better, add two more weeks and do them all... Twice. :wink:

And remember you won't find many divesites that can beat Ras Mohammed on a good day.

shrswnm:
I'm looking forward to getting down there. Maybe in the summer. Are any of these sites shallow dives----to 18 meter?

Most of these sites could be done at different levels, except for the wrecks (Thistlegorm and Dunraven). Especially the drift dives could be done at shallow levels. Examples are Anemone - Shark, Ras Zaatar, and Ras Ghozlani.

cheers guys, Is there a dive site known as the junkyard? also what is the name of the one with all the toilets?

Back
Top Bottom