HELP! how do i get the cable to work???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
i borrowed a (not original) suunto data cable from a friend (SB member also... he makes them hehehehe) and connected it to my computer and PC

i use a suunto mosquito and downloaded the latest software from the website

i set my mosquito to TR-PC and have everthing connected... PC and software are all running...

but device cannot be found.

what do i do? i've tried "adding new hardware" (no go)... i've also checked control panel > system > device manager > com ports (it's "working")

can anyone suggest anything?

Jag

Try this:

-Connect the data cable to the dive computer and PC.
-Activate TR-PC on the dive computer.
-Start the transfer on the PC.

I think it is very important that you have the cable fully connected before you activate TR-PC on the dive computer. I spent days trying to download data from a Stinger before I figured that one out....

Keith

ZenSquirrel:
Try this:

-Connect the data cable to the dive computer and PC.
-Activate TR-PC on the dive computer.
-Start the transfer on the PC.

I think it is very important that you have the cable fully connected before you activate TR-PC on the dive computer. I spent days trying to download data from a Stinger before I figured that one out....

Keith
thanks! i also got word from the guy who made it that 2.1.3 does NOT work!

so he gave me a link to 2.1.4 on the suuntosports website... works perfectly now

Jag

SDM 2.3 Probably works - just not as it used to. You can't just click that little computer icon on the window bar any longer. You need to right click in the window and click 'connect', than your computer type. that'll open the old style connection window.

CIBDiving:
SDM 2.3 Probably works - just not as it used to. You can't just click that little computer icon on the window bar any longer. You need to right click in the window and click 'connect', than your computer type. that'll open the old style connection window.
ohhhh... hmmmm... thanks, will try it

Jag

edit a few hours after orig post: didn't work... i'm just staying with my 2.1.4

if it ain't baroque don't fix it hehehehehe

ZenSquirrel:

I disagree on that. I set my Stinger to TR-PC before it gets connected. Both on my home made and the original. In fact, on the Suunto cable, its impossible to press the MODE button when its in the cradle.

Back
Top Bottom