Basic gauge recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

otay!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm starting to look into a watch computer, but don't want to pay for a transmitter. Would really appreciate any suggestions on what I can complement it with in terms of air gauge. Something good for travel to connect to my Titan LX.

Thx.

As a computer allows you to lose the depth gauge on the console you may want to go SPG only for your console and to lighten things up even more, you may want to consider a mini SPG. Several companies sell these and there is no problem reading them underwater. Frankly, I don't know why people would want to lug around the big gauges.

I found an IST SPG with a compass on ebay from Joediver for about 75 bucks. I also wanted a real small, simple SPG to go with my wrist computer and so far this has worked great.

otay!:
I'm starting to look into a watch computer, but don't want to pay for a transmitter. Would really appreciate any suggestions on what I can complement it with in terms of air gauge. Something good for travel to connect to my Titan LX.

Thx.

A simple brass cased, glass faced pressure gauge would be all you need. The smaller ones are easier to clip away - if you can read them clearly. Look for a face that shows pressures and the reserve (500 and down) really well.

blawler1:
you may want to consider a mini SPG. Several companies sell these and there is no problem reading them underwater. Frankly, I don't know why people would want to lug around the big gauges.

If you mean the button gauges, those little things that plug right into the regulator, those things don't work for back gas. In my opinion, they only tell you, when you are out of your kit, whether you should switch out an argon bottle.

The large dive rite gauge is nice, as are both the large and small OMS gauges.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom