suunto cobra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just purchased a suunto cobra dive computer and was wondering if anyone has had bad experiances with the cobra. so far I have been to Vortex springs(FL), the Spiegle Grove (Key largo) and the christ of the deep(key largo) useing the computer and i have had no problems.

I bought a new Cobra last year and have about 400 dives on it with no problems. I'm looking at a new D6 for the deep stop algorithms.

I have had my Cobra for years and have over 100 dives on it...love it.. no probs.

Oh, yeah...btw...I'm in Auburn, too. WARRR EAGLE! HEY!

never had a problem with mine, put it through 2 summers teaching, and about 100 personal dives.

I sold it and bought a vyper because I never used the air integrated features, and prefer wrist mounted computers. but it;s a good one.

The Cobra is a great computer. Well, except for the temperature readings, which are not very useful. But everything else has been great during the 20 or so dives I've been using mine.

Ed

dherbman:
My most regretted purchase.
You've mentioned that before Dave. It's also my most regretted purchase.

Computer is fine if you like the most conservative tables on the planet along with the worst software ever.

War Eagle!

The software is weak, and you only get 3 temp readings (beginning, deepest, and surface), but I'm very pleased, overall. I have almost 40 dives on mine and have had no problems with conservative dive profiles (or any other problem, for that matter.)

The only problem I've ever heard of--on this board, actually--was salt crystals building-up on the pressure sensor. This can give fallacious pressure readings (obviously a bad thing.) Rinsing the instrument in fresh water supposedly takes care of the problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom