Sharm el Sheikh - latest news

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redseadiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Latest News on 29.01:
- Chapter one .. Deep Dive:
One week a russian diver decided to go to 100 m. with a single 12L AIR tank .. he was low-on-air on the way up at the 60 m. (LP hose was leaking all the way).

- Chapter 2 .. Change-in-Plan:
He decided to jump to the surface direclty change the tank go down again to continue the DECO's.

- Chapter 3 .. No Boat:
Unluckily the diver came out 150 m. far from the boat, so he had to swim all the way back to boat .. he did it, he climbed up to the boat, changed the tank put the gear on again, turned around to jump in the water again, THEN he fell down uinconcious.

- Chapter 4 .. Rescue procedures:
The main guide on the boat imediately put him on 100% O2 and called the Search Amd Rescue Team .. they arrived within 6 minutes with the speed boats, carried the diver directly to the Hyperbaric Chamber .. the Dr. put him down again on the same depth and started with him the Deco Stops .. the diver came back to life again with a baralized lower part of the body .. 4 days later he started to feel pain in his legs (which is a good sign for controlling his body again).
Now the doctor told him that he might be able to dive again within 8 months.

He was a lucky guy to stay alive after all that.

keep u informed with the Sharm News. :wink:

OMG
all I can say - what an idiot (the diver). Darwin price goes to him
Mania

mania:
Redsea diver
No, I didn't go there. But I did camping in Nabq before any hotel was there. During summer Pacha does beach party in Nabq.
:D
Mania

It was Red Sea Shadow that asked about the camping not redseadiver. We have 2 Red Seas here:wink:

Anyway, feel free to PM me when you're coming over to Sharm or Dahab again. Shouldn't we have a fun dive together?

Asser Salama
Red Sea Shadow

mania:
OMG
all I can say - what an idiot (the diver). Darwin price goes to him
Mania
Sorry Mania,

he can only get an honourable mention.

The Darwin Award is reserved for those people that succesfully remove themselves from the gene pool... :D

OMG
sorry guys. Now we have Redseadiver and Redseashadow.....
How am I supposed to remember which one is which
Asser - malish
Mania

Mania,

I know it is off topic but can you tell us about the diving in Poland
i1ve been wondering for jears now

1 where to dive
2 water conditions etc.

thanks

Can I answer your question in the Europe forum?
Poland hardly belongs to Africa. What I can see ( a lot of snow and cold) suggests it certainly does not.
Mania

Please do:D i`ll be looking for it

yesterday i dove THE CANYON in Dahab .. it was such a great dive. specially when u get out of the final exit on the -50 m.
The most interesting thing is to make it without getting into DECO stops.
Then we had a really nice seafood lunch in a nice restaurant for very cheap prices.
I recommend u -at least- one day in Dahab .. u're gonna love it.

redseadiver:
yesterday i dove THE CANYON in Dahab .. it was such a great dive. specially when u get out of the final exit on the -50 m.
The most interesting thing is to make it without getting into DECO stops.
Then we had a really nice seafood lunch in a nice restaurant for very cheap prices.
I recommend u -at least- one day in Dahab .. u're gonna love it.

Me too. I recommend paying Dahab a visit.

Back
Top Bottom