Bone Heads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IraqiVet

Reaction score
Hi All
Hope I got this in the right topic. Just had to blow some some steam about Leisure pro!!. Did a small order for some stuff and they want ME to jump thru hoops!!:soapbox:. They need to talk to bank because can't confirm addy or phone num (unlisted). Then I try to call to see if they shipped order CLOSED TILL SUNDAY!!. I will tell you I will NOT!! order again!!. Sorry I placed my order with a debit card with mastercard logo the cash in the bank!. Some people are BONE HEADS!!:crossbone .
Sorry for the rant
Matt

Best wishs to all:D

IraqiVet:
Hi All
Hope I got this in the right topic. Just had to blow some some steam about Leisure pro!!. Did a small order for some stuff and they want ME to jump thru hoops!!:soapbox:. They need to talk to bank because can't confirm addy or phone num (unlisted). Then I try to call to see if they shipped order CLOSED TILL SUNDAY!!. I will tell you I will NOT!! order again!!. Sorry I placed my order with a debit card with mastercard logo the cash in the bank!. Some people are BONE HEADS!!:crossbone .
Sorry for the rant
Matt

Best wishs to all:D

I have ordered from Leisure Pro on several occasions and never had any problems.
Friday might be be a Jewish holiday and they are never open on Saturday since that is the Jewish sabbath.

I always order with a credit but my telephone number is listed. I don't remember if they ever asked me for my phone number.

I take the cheapest form of shipping and receive the order the day after it ships. I live in Massachusetts.

yea, I have heard this before...it hasn't happened to me but I think if the shipping address doesn't match the billing address, they have a problem. Also, they are Hacidic so they close Saturday. I found they often have the cheapest prices and it is worth it if you are ordering a big ticket item. for smaller stuff, I would order from one of the other more "customer friendly" sites.

Geez, how dare they celebrate their Sabbath and want confirmation on an electronic funds transfer with unverifed information from you!
On a bogus transaction, the merchant eats it, so people check things a little more closely now. LP runs on a bare minimum profit margin, so every fraud loss they suffer hurts.
LP is fast and efficient from Monday through Thursday though.
And, they are not exactly the only online order scuba outfit if the Chasidim are not to your liking.

So funny because I talk really slow and sorta valley, and they (New Yorkers) always get kinda impatient sounding with me and they used to actually yell at me to get my **** together before calling and tying them up. But over the years, I have gotten used to them and realized it isn't personal. They are so opposite SoCal or Hawaii and they are all named Norm or Stan. They may be lotsa things, but I doubt they are boneheads since they own Adorama Camera, Leisure pro, and who knows how many blocks in NYC. They don't sound like warm fuzzies, but the abuse and low prices are addicting....maybe you should give them another chance! It is fun to give them the whole aloha routine and make them nuts!

catherine96821:
So funny because I talk really slow and sorta valley, and they (New Yorkers) always get kinda impatient sounding with me and they used to actually yell at me to get my **** together before calling and tying them up. But over the years, I have gotten used to them and realized it isn't personal. They are so opposite SoCal or Hawaii and they are all named Norm or Stan.
Why bless their hearts, I reckon I slooowww down even more the more impatient they get... shame on me!
IraqiVet, I think you're being a bit unfair with LP here - it is not only standard practice to check the address on a card with the bank, you really wouldn't want it any other way as it protects you from fraud too.
As for LP itself... I've had pretty good dealings with them - not the best and they're not my first choice, but they're on the short list and I'll use 'em for stuff I can't find elsewhere.
Rick

catherine96821:
So funny because I talk really slow and sorta valley, and they (New Yorkers) always get kinda impatient sounding with me and they used to actually yell at me to get my **** together before calling and tying them up. But over the years, I have gotten used to them and realized it isn't personal. They are so opposite SoCal or Hawaii and they are all named Norm or Stan. They may be lotsa things, but I doubt they are boneheads since they own Adorama Camera, Leisure pro, and who knows how many blocks in NYC. They don't sound like warm fuzzies, but the abuse and low prices are addicting....maybe you should give them another chance! It is fun to give them the whole aloha routine and make them nuts!

Catherine: The staff @ LP are Hasidic [pious] Jews and they are also, of course, real New York style merchants:
"So, OK, whadda ya want?" They are also one of the largest and most well stocked SCUBA retailers in the world. They are not SoCal "really" but they do always have great selection and good pricing.

yea, I love 'em....but it is fun to mess with them a little. I was married to a New Yorker for fifteen years and went to the "boot camp"...what a shock. Hey MDB, what do they own besides Adorama and LP?

I've never had problems with Leisure Pro. By the way, NEVER use your debit card for internet purchases. Stick with a major credit card to protect your purchase and your bank account.

catherine96821:
It is fun to give them the whole aloha routine and make them nuts!

LP customer service reps are very dry and do seem to get annoyed when you try to be friendly or make chit chat. I dread having to talk to them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom