too much excitement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Well here I was, talking on the phone with my friend in Germany when I hear a bell. The fire alarm goes off in the neighboring building all the time, but somehow - this sounded closer. I tell my friend wait a minute and take a look outside. I smell melting plastic and see smoke bellowing out of the 2nd floor of our building...see our building manager running up the stairs. I go back in and wake up Roger. We grab our most important things - Raincoat, keys, my purse, my camera and my camera bag...funny what you take, isn't it?

I start leaving the property, Roger bringing up the rear, and hear an all clear so I go upstairs for a look. The smell is strong, the smoke is black, the faces I see are scared. The fire truck pulls up...

Seems the young couple was making their dinner and somehow the grease caught fire and they couldn't contain it. They lost electricy and didn't know what to do. Luckily the alarm went off.

I'm getting too old for all this excitement...flooding, sewage, fire.....

justleesa:
I'm getting too old for all this excitement...flooding, sewage, fire.....
Yup, I think it is locust that comes next

either that or a river(flowing water) of blood

Run, Leesa, run!!!!

It's the apocolypse !!!!!

the K

Hey, Leez . . . what's the extended weathercast????

Es tut mir leit . . .
Soll ich Ihnen klar Himmel shicken ?

Forgive my bad German . . . it's been 39 years since I studied it.

the K

My wife and I were coming up the driveway not long ago when we see smoke pouring out the windows of our house. It appears her mom (who lives on the property in her own place) put something on our stove and forgot about it.

Excitement you bet. We've talked about what we'd try to save but honestly other than some old photos there really isn't anything that can't be replaced. I've since burned a few CD's of photos and store them out in the shop now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom