Can't turn on Dacor Darwin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jesse923

New
Reaction score
Hi,

I know this is probably a stupid question, but I just got a Dacor Darwin dive computer (just out of box, I am now in my apartment) and I can't get it to turn on. When I insert the batteries it flashes numbers, shows all the symbols, and then turns off. I hold down the buttons to change "Modes", but nothing. Do I need to take it to depth to turn it in for the first time?

Thanks

No, it should work... are your batteries good? I have two darwins and love them....
Once you do get it going you will notice that there will be a dive on the computer which is a test dive..

jesse, have you read the owner's manual? there should be a section there
as to how to turn it on. like all computers i know of, it should have a
surface mode (i.e. you don't have to dive it to turn it on)

i unfortunately have no experience with darwins

Okay, nevermind, got it. The owner's manual said to press the 'Mode' button for two seconds, and I guess before I wasn't pressing hard enough before. I had to press the buttons really hard to get them to work. Will this be forever, or just until I break it in?

It will break in... pushing the buttons when it is new is a pain in the ***... Have fun.. Did you get the computer software also?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom