BC purchase, need help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

evilbacon

Registered
Reaction score
Awhile ago i posted here about buying a bc and set of regs for cheap, because my new son. I recently bought an Alcyone bc from my LDS for only 75 dollars, and then my friend brings me a set of old US diver regs to have (great friends) which i took to the dive store to check out (of course). But i was wondering about the BC purchase, It seems to hold air perfectly and is in great condition but i know nothing about it what so ever besides it's a BP/W set up.What is the lift caocity of it, and is it a good bc for the money i spent on it?

Thanks

Evil :bgmad:

For those of you who care or read my last post: My son is now 3 months old (wow, i never knew how fast those months would go) and is really starting to show his personality, hopfully someday he and I can go diving together, I just hope that day doesnt come too soon :babycrawl:

evilbacon:
I recently bought an Alcyone bc from my LDS for only 75 dollars [...] i was wondering about the BC purchase, It seems to hold air perfectly and is in great condition but i know nothing about it what so ever besides it's a BP/W set up.What is the lift caocity of it, and is it a good bc for the money i spent on it?
You wouldn't mean "Halcyon," would you?

I saw your post yesterday, and it may be that folks just didn't recognize the spelling. :D I can't help you much, because I'm not a BP/W diver. But many others here could. $75 sounds like a terrific price, no matter what the model... used, I assume? Will your LDS stand behind it?

--Marek

im not sure if the dive store is behind it but im going to try it in a pool and if i don't like it then im going to return it and hopefully they'll take it back. It's a US Divers Alcyone, i checked if i had it wrong but on the wing it is printed Alcyone. I saw one on ebay when i first bought it going for 250 so i know some people have it and have to know a thing or two about it.

Thanks for the post

Evil :bgmad:

I know the Alcyone BC. It is a discontinued US Divers model. Nothing wrong with it, US divers became Aqua Lung and absorbed Sea Quest for their BC manufactory.

Play with it in the pool a bit, it is a little tricky to get the last bit of air out of the bladder.

If you are on a budget and you got it for $75, you did good!

Back
Top Bottom