Camel safari

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brendanrtw

Reaction score
My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Egypt sometime in September. While we'd prefer to go on a livaboard, I don't think we can afford it, so we're leaning towards a trip to Marsa Alam.

Can anyone recommend a dive centre there. I've also read reports of camel treks with diving, and that sounds like fun. Anyone done this?

Thanks!

I think most of the dive operations in Dahab (Sinai Peninsula) offer all-day 2-dive camel safaris. All the diving in Dahab is shore diving, and I suppose the isolated geography helps make camel trips possible.

We haven't done it yet, but plan to this summer. Sounds like fun to do it once, but that's probably all...

--Marek

brendanrtw,
Go Marsa Alam if, and only if, you're planning to do nothing but diving. Nothing else to be done there. In case it's your first time to Egypt, I recommend Sharm El Sheikh and Dahab. PM me in case you need any help with those.

Marek,
Yes Dahab operators do the camel dive safaris all the time. Not all diving in Dahab is shore based, Some sites are accessible only by boats but they are rare. In case you need any help regarding Dahab, PM me.

Going to just concentrate on diving for the first week, then some tourist action for the second. Marsa is looking good. So does - Red sea diving safari.

Can anyone recommend?

Great! I was hoping to hear that. Just a pity we've got to wait so long!!!

Went on a camel safari from Dahab to Gabr el Bint around this time last year. Loved it! So peaceful to ride to the divesite with the mountains on one side and the Red Sea on the other. The included lunch, cooked for us by the Bedouins during our first dive, was delicious and there were no other people on the site. And the diving was really good too. We booked the safari and dived with Orca Dive Club, which were very friendly and professional.

Have fun!

Pepper1:
Went on a camel safari from Dahab to Gabr el Bint around this time last year. Loved it! So peaceful to ride to the divesite with the mountains on one side and the Red Sea on the other. The included lunch, cooked for us by the Bedouins during our first dive, was delicious and there were no other people on the site. And the diving was really good too. We booked the safari and dived with Orca Dive Club, which were very friendly and professional.

Have fun!

This is a very distinguished Dahab trip. Gabr El Bint is a very peaceful virgin site.

hi
if the guys are into livaboards and they need Marsa Alam I understand why everyone is talking about Dahab and Sharm as good alternatives...
anyway, Masrsa Alam has many diving centers but the greatest divesites there are to be reached through the deep South Livaboard trips.
my suggestion is beside the camel safari trips the daily boat trips to north divesites and the mini safaris to the north redsea as well.

Hi there!
Looks like you're on your way to Marsa Alam, but just in case you ever want to do one of those Camel Diving Safaris... we're the home of the Camel Diving Safari! It all started about 15 years ago when Said became Dahab's first Bedouin to learn to dive. Today lots of dive centers do these safaris, but nobody does it like us! Up to 1 week under the stars, or even just overnight if you're a bit pressed for time :). Don't want to turn this into a sales pitch. If you'd like info, email us: said@desert-divers.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom