New World Free Dive Record Set

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

come to think of it most scuba divers don't even go that deep... my freediving record is 50 feet but im not trained so eh :05:

but thanks for the info :D

I took my formal freediving training with Martin at the Performance Freediving Clinics in Kona.

Once, while we were practicing on the mooring lines, one of our group got their dive belt clip hung-up on the mooring line and it released the belt in 220ft of water at the mouth of Honaunau - about 500yds offshore. I figured it was a $45 write off for Aquagirl. It happens.....

I was on my face breathing up, trying to break 150ft but I had a few moments before I was ready to go. Martin was next to me watching us as a safety diver. Through the water I heard Martin inhale deeply and pack probably six times. Then he just casually swam down until he was out of sight at about 120ft. I watched and waited. And waited. And waited. Looked over at Kirk to see if he was aware of it... Suddenly I see a weight belt with a couple of hands attached to it come into view and Martin leisurely dolphin kicks to the surface from 220ft, does a couple of hook breaths and hands back the weight belt....

I have been pretty deep and Martin has been over 100ft farther.

Did you know he can hold his breath for over 8minutes? You should see what a Phase 20 C02/02 Tolerance Table looks like. It doesn't even seem possible to do... but he is beyond that in his practice.

I love this practice. Exploring your potential.

So, is this Martin guy a resident of Kona? Thats amazing. Without a sled, I don't see how you can go that deep.

Congrats to Martin & Mandy :D

always nice to see nice people who train so very hard, succeed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom