Nemo reset?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rx7car

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys,

Does anyone know if there's a way to reset the logbook memory in the Nemo? I know how to reset the residual nitrogen but I wanted to know if I could reset the logbook so I can have a clean history when I start a very long upcoming dive trip.

Thanks!

-Brian

Hi Brian,

I have a Nemo, and I don't think you can delete dives/reset the logbook as you are describing.

It says repeatedly in the manual that "If the memory is full when the user dives again the oldest record will be deleted to free up memory for the new dive."

So... I guess they assume you don't have to.

It doesn't sound like there is a reason too but taking the battery for a while should do it although I'm not familiar with the Nemo specifically.

The manual says that it will not delete data if the battery is removed, but I'm not sure that isn't just referring to a short-term removal. I am assuming that the data is stored in flash memory... so I don't think keeping a battery out will help. Also, the battery replacement is supposed to be done by a Mares Authorized centre for warranty (If that is important to you...)

The logbook memory cannot be reset out in the field, but as stated when full it will delete the oldest dive record.

Contrary to what I state above, logbook memory can be reset, but ony at the factory.

Regards,

Phil

rx7car:
Hey guys,

Does anyone know if there's a way to reset the logbook memory in the Nemo? I know how to reset the residual nitrogen but I wanted to know if I could reset the logbook so I can have a clean history when I start a very long upcoming dive trip.

Thanks!

-Brian

The computer logbook memories are great, but I recommend committing dive site information to paper anyway at the end of the dive day. Otherwise, you end up like a buddy of mine whose logbook reads "Cozumel: 145' for 59 min" rather than " the corkscrew tunnel below the main cavern at Punta Sur where we saw the eagle ray after we exited the second time on the wall".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom