dive knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mousek801

Registered
Reaction score
i would like to buy my dad a gift for taking me on vacation to dive with him and hes wanted a dive knife. but i am unshure of the quality of certian brands. what are some god name brand knives? i have had expiernce with kershaws excellent "dry" knives to say.

Underwater Kinetics make great knives, and well as Wenoka. I have an Underwater Kinetics Blue Tang dive knife, it works great for me, easily breaks down for cleaning.

Nick

go with the kershaw amphibian, it's a really good size knife and is really easy to grip, and it looks really cool too!

Evil :bgmad:

Depending on how much you want to spend Atomic Aquatics makes a great titanium knife available with blunt or pointed tip.

Cheers.

-J.-

Procella have just brought out a titanium BCD knife, which retails for about £28, which isn't bad. BCD knives are useful as they are always on your kit, they are small and compact, but they do what they are required to do.

Mark

Just take one of your steak knives, break it off about 1 inch from the hilt, make a webbing sheath for it, and give him an official DIR dive knife. Much cheaper than those useless expesive ones....:wink:

I have two dive knives.

I dive with the Wenoka, squeeze lock, BC knife with a blunt tip. It is small, but with a good grip.

I have one of the huge, man-hood enhancing knives that I bought right after OW class. It stays in my bag to be used when cutting watermelon or catelope on surface intervals.

DBailey:
I have one of the huge, man-hood enhancing knives that I bought right after OW class. It stays in my bag to be used when cutting watermelon or catelope on surface intervals.

Sounds like My MAres Tris :D only sees action during a lunch break :D

any small, sharp knife will do, SHARP can;t be said enough. make sure it is accessable by Both hands.

Have had very good luck with Wenoka & Underwater Kinetics, but like most followers of the KISS system, the DIR Style steak knife is what I use now.

steveann:
Just take one of your steak knives, break it off about 1 inch from the hilt, make a webbing sheath for it, and give him an official DIR dive knife. Much cheaper than those useless expesive ones....:wink:

Then take him out for a steak. (Probably not DIR, but the kool aid is great)

Back
Top Bottom