Dive Computer Storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

okie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi folks,

I recently purchased a Versa Pro Wrist computer from ScubaToys and got a great deal. My question is does someone make a storage case for "hockey puck" type wrist computers? Do any of you have a particular way of storing yours or do you just throw it in your dive bag? I'd like to protect it from getting scratched. After a quick search of various web retailers I found protective cases for consoles but not for wrist computers. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have an old Oceanic Data Plus as a backup/spare/insta-buddy loaner computer. It's in that humongous hose mount holder, similar to that big wrist mount for hockey pucks.

To keep the buttons from accidentally getting activated I just cut off the bottom of a yogurt container and shove it down over the top. Just pick the right diameter spot to cut and you'll get a night tight friction fit.

Crude, but effective.

okie:
Hi folks,

I recently purchased a Versa Pro Wrist computer from ScubaToys and got a great deal. My question is does someone make a storage case for "hockey puck" type wrist computers? Do any of you have a particular way of storing yours or do you just throw it in your dive bag? I'd like to protect it from getting scratched. After a quick search of various web retailers I found protective cases for consoles but not for wrist computers. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

It should have come in a hard case from us(Oceanic). If you want something smaller get an otter box, most shops have them.

cerich:
It should have come in a hard case from us(Oceanic). If you want something smaller get an otter box, most shops have them.

Nope, it just came in a cardboard box (retail packaging). A hard case would be nice.

okie:
Hi folks,

I find that mine fits nicely in my mask box or in the soft case that holds my mask (depending if I am local or traveling). I't actually padded between a padded case and the neoprene strap on the mask. I've never noticed that it turned on. (I have a Veo 200 which has two, hard to press, buttons on the front.)

I usually tuck mine in my mask box for travel or storage between dives, well protected there and I want to get both those things out about the same time anyway so it works.

At home I use some small heavy nylon storage bags that came with some computers long ago. One of those insulated lunch bags might be good, I even have some with advertising logos I got for free.

okie:
Nope, it just came in a cardboard box (retail packaging). A hard case would be nice.

Sorry I read (quickly ) VT Pro when you wrote Versa Pro.

An otter box is still a good solution however!:wink:

Thanks for the great suggestions. I didn't think of putting it in my mask case. I think mine will probably have some extra room. The otter box is also a good idea. I'll have to check and see what's available. Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom