Best luau on Maui?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

melfox26

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know what the Travel Channel says, that the Old Lahaina Luau is the best and most authentic luau in all of Hawaii. Do any of you kind folks have any recommendations? Have to take my non-diving family to a nice luau to make up for the 3 days of diving that I'm going to be doing on Maui.

Thanks in advance.

Mel

Old Lahaina Luau is indeed the best that I've been to on Maui. Another good alternative is The Feast At Lele, held at 505 Front Street in Lahaina. It is a smaller luau, organized more like a dinner show than the normal buffet style of most luaus. IIRC, it's run by the same company as the Old Lahaina Luau.

Other good night time entertainment include Warren and Annabelle's magic show, and the Ualena show. Both are in Lahaina.

is a free luau :D

I have been to one of the luau's in Lahaina...errr at least we paddled past it occasionally and even got filmed by one of the tourists once :14:

The best luau is when you get invited to a first birthday party or a wedding ... best food, and the excitement is not "canned" However for "professional" luau I've been told that Old Lahaina is a very good one (I can hear the music from it at my house 1/2 mile away...)

You can also get a nice sampling of Hawaiian food at Kaanapali Beach Hotel Mixed Plate on Fridays - if the poi is brown, definitely try it as this is one of the few places where you'll get poi that has been cooked long enough - MUCH better flavor than the purple variety. (Good poi gets cooked in a pressure cooker for 2-3 hrs till it loses it's purple color) It's kind of a "fast food buffet" but not bad for the price/quality ($15 for dinner with prime rib - little less for lunch)

Enjoy your time here.

Aloha, Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom