Oceanic veo 100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

metalmat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey !!I'm as new as they come....
just got certified gonna dive Aruba in may!!! I have been slowly obtaining gear as i can afford it I found a couple deals just got a veo 100 .. understandably i have no dives on it .. as i turn it on it counts down real fast then goes into a non decompresion countdown check for two hours, then shuts off.. I can change some settings while this happens . but it continues to "scroll".... i think it's normal i just don't wanna find out when i hit the water in aruba any ideas?
oh also things iv'e aquired
seaquest proqd+
scubapro MK25-G250-w/r390
:D :D

Hi, and welcome!

I assume you got the Veo 100 used, with no user's manual? Check here... the link for the operating manual isn't working right now, but try again later. You really do need to know how to set it, and what to expect to see on it when you dive.

Yes, that's normal in surface mode.

--Marek

Normal,

Hit the water and it tells you what you need, turns off after two hours so you don't kill the battery too quickly.

Have fun in Aruba!

no i got it new it's just kinda gray in the explaining dept it tells me i can go to logs but obviosley i don't have any yet heh he

I'm gonna try to get into a pool before i go so i can seee it work I need to see things Hands on .. before I belive theme

MetalMat - from your description it's working just fine. I wouldn't worry about it, but if you do go in a pool, you have to go deep to get it into dive mode. (The directions say 5 feet but I think it is more). It's a nifty computer - I own one too. Before you jump in the water remember to turn it on (give the button one solid push).

MetalMat--

You learning the hard way why you shouldn't duplicate-post the same question in different forums? :D We see your posts come up anyway, using the New Posts button.

Yeah, that's the problem with the computers... I love them; but they don't allow you to see how the thing is going to work underwater until you're, well, underwater.

Excellent idea, to take it into a pool first to see how it's going to work. Yes, it will go into dive mode at about 5' depth -- the bottom of an average pool switches it on, no problem.

You can set the Veo 100 (check the manual!!) to give you dive-mode information in three different formats, depending on which data are important to you. In all cases, your remaining NDL time is shown in the largest digits. It can be tricky at first, because you do all the setting with that one button. One push, vs. two quick pushes.

Oh, and I keep mine with the water activation switched on (check the manual again!). That way I won't forget to switch it on when descending -- if you're down below 5' before you remember, it won't switch on at all. Only risk is if you put it away with the electrical path between the contacts wet; it may still think you're diving, and might not shut off. It's never happened to me; the electrical path on the Veo 100 is between the control button, and the three metal contacts recessed in the side.

Again, the manual is confusing when you're reading it without having gotten the thing wet. It'll all become clear after your pool sessions.

Well, except maybe remembering (particularly on multi-level dives) that it displays NDL times as H:MM (hours:minutes). That's when knowledge of dive tables is particularly important -- realizing how much (ballpark) NDL time you should have remaining at a certain depth. I'm embarrassed to say that it panicked me once... I did a dive down to about 70', then was slowly ascending over a sloping reef. Everything on the computer had been making sense at depth. But at about 30', I looked at the computer, and it showed like 2:15. For a second I thought -- Crap! What's up with this! I only have two minutes of NDL time left?? Then I immediately realized, of course, it was over two hours. :icon_roll Hard to slap your own forehead while wearing a mask.

Did I mention to check the manual? :D

--Marek

Thanks Marek KI Ialready set it for in the water activation and the web site showed me the settitngs for under water... i didn't realise that it was scrolling through the non-decomp times

metalmat:
i didn't realise that it was scrolling through the non-decomp times
Sure you knew that!!
metalmat:
goes into a non decompresion countdown check for two hours
Didn't you? :wink:

Anyway, yeah. And after your first dive within 24 hours, of course, that scrolling will be adjusted to show you how much bottom time you'd have then; assuming you started your dive right then. Along with "time-to-fly" time remaining, which is just a 24-hour countdown. Doesn't shut off while it's doing that for the full 24 hours.

You can go into log mode (to enter data into a paper logbook) by pressing the button at any time.

--Marek

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom