Hawaii's Horror--a photo essay of my sleepless night.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Didn't I just say to all my ohana last week that as soon as the rain stopped, the centipedes would make a B-line for my bed? yes, I did....and Tim, and Chepar our resident centipede experts confirmed my fears. Well, looks like a nice comfortable bed, eh? No print florals or stripes for me....no siree, cause I need to be able to spot those little brown demons crawling towards me. Only white sheets will do.
Yes, the little ugly MOF-er showed up right on schedule. This time I did not get stung, only terrorized. So if I am grouchy today, forgive me! No sleep does that. Oh, and the rat that fell in the pool and got in bed with me did not show up yet. I may have to start closing my doors at night.

That's kinda scary, Catherine. Did you put the little guy to sleep... permanently?

And nice shots! (should have used the 8" dome though...he he)

By the way, those things give me the creeps...

I have been mouthing off all day....finally realized I have post traumatic stress and flashbacks. Yes, I did incurr some karmic debt on this... I will have to eat vegan tonight to make up for it. Also, I have had a gecko explosion in my kitchen and I like the little guys but they are pu-pu-ing on my dishes. I am practicing my manual settings so that Ron does not withdraw my tech support.--he is already making me read a book on exposure!

lol...reading is a good thing....I have more waiting for you when you're done :wink:

Sorry about the bug thing...we were talking about it at work yesterday...havent seen one yet, but supposedly they are there... Like your buddah :wink:

catherine96821:
I have been mouthing off all day....finally realized I have post traumatic stress and flashbacks. Yes, I did incurr some karmic debt on this... I will have to eat vegan tonight to make up for it. Also, I have had a gecko explosion in my kitchen and I like the little guys but they are pu-pu-ing on my dishes. I am practicing my manual settings so that Ron does not withdraw my tech support.--he is already making me read a book on exposure!

You're gonna need all the help you can get for Bali...:D

I can deal with some unreal things, but centipedes are not one of them. I never had them in any of my houses, but at Rainbow Bay Marina, every now and then while I was moving some equipment around, out would pop a centipede.
Wow they are creepy!
Since I wore slippahs all the time, I didn't want to jump on them in case it ran up my leg, so I always had a can of WD40 handy.
In the Navy, guys in the fireroom would have WD40 fights every so often. Just stick the red snorkel in the can, and light off the spray. These guys were maniacs to begin with - what sane person would be a Boiler Technician dealing with 1275psi steam at 900°F?
So I took a cue from them and had very one-sided WD40 fights with any centipedes that I saw. Nothing like the smell of napalm roasting those evil critters.
And there are people who actually travel the world studying these things! Fluorescent 18"ers in Texas. I'd need a couple of cans of WD40 for one of those.
I also hate mongooses with an unholy passion, but that's not for this forum.

This is like my fifth one in my bed. My room is upstairs, I think they come in through the air conditioner. No wonder I can't keep a man.

Back
Top Bottom