TDI Advanced Nitrox & Decompression Procedures Class (Texas Area)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TexasMike

Contributor
Reaction score
Howdy Folks!!!

My instructor (Ronbo) and myself are currently taking names of divers who are interested in taking the TDI Advanced Nitrox and Decompression Procedures certifications.

Their are some prerequisites including a certain number of dives and a basic Nitrox certification. Oh, and a willingness to learn and have lots of fun.

This is also the starting point in the TDI curriculum for other certifications such as Extended Range, Advanced Wreck, and others.

Specific Dates have yet to be determined, but we are shooting for late September and October.

Due to amount of material and desire to be thorough, we would like to schedule the class 1 or 2 nights/week over 2-3 weeks with one weekend at the lake. How ever we are not fixed in this and can accomodate other ideas.

Classes will be held in in the Dallas area. Lake to be determined.

Additional information about the class can be viewed by clicking here.

If you're interested and would like more information about the class or the instructor, please send a PM to either myself or Ronbo. Or post your questions as a reply to this thread.

We hope to see you there!!!!

Mike,

I might be in for it. I can not however attend classes on the evenings of monday or thursday.

What lake would the class be completed in?

Cost?

Thanks Mike.

Bill

Bill...

Which night classes will be is yet to be determined....we are working on getting names and contact info. (PM your phone number to me please).

Lake can vary, and depending on class wishes and opportunities, we'll try to present some good choices.

I'm seeing Ronbo tonight. I'll try to get cost info from him then.

That's one long drive for me...

Man, I'd love to take those two classes but being in down by the Gulf, it would be a 5hr drive just to get there if I could take the time off from work. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait....;-0

Going for the Deco diving TexasMike....kewl....I got my cert earlier this year and right now just about finished with Entry Trimix (doing the last checkout dives in FL in Sept)

For me these classes the real cost was the correct equipment, not the class itself.

Good Luck, and if you have any questions just email me:

bfaure@starband.net

TxDeepDiver once bubbled...
That's one long drive for me...

Man, I'd love to take those two classes but being in down by the Gulf, it would be a 5hr drive just to get there if I could take the time off from work. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait....;-0
There's always the chance of doing a "field trip with academics" some day in the future....nothing says it has to be around Dallas. We could always head out to Panama City and North Florida. Hal Watt's 40 Fathom Grotto is a pretty good place to do classes like this.

Been to Hal's a few times already this year to do deco dives. The funny thing is I only know 40-fathom from 100+ feet deep. The last time we went a few non-deco divers went and were talking about things in the 60 foot range...I didn't have a clue what they were talking about. In fact one dive they meet us (the deco divers) at our deep stop of 120 feet and that was the deepest the non-deco divers had gone there. That really put things into light that I am now starting to dive much deeper and longer than your normal run of the mill diver. This also was a reminder that what I am now doing can become very dangerous very quickly.

This next month I know we are doing a wreck dive of the FL panhandle. I don't remember the name of it, but I do have my profiles I need to plan for:

Dive 1 - 175 feet, 30 minutes
Dive 2 - 130 feet, 30 minutes
Dive 3 - 175 feet, 30 minutes
Dive 4 - 130 feet, 30 minutes

Dive 1 and 2 are on Day 1 and Dive 3 and 4 are Day 2. I have been told that we will have at least an 2 hour SIT. It will be nice to do a wreck dive in blue water as compared to nice Lake Travis..:) (but then again Lake Travis is a good lake to train on, I did my Advanced NITROX and Deco classes there)

TexasMike once bubbled...
There's always the chance of doing a "field trip with academics" some day in the future....nothing says it has to be around Dallas. We could always head out to Panama City and North Florida. Hal Watt's 40 Fathom Grotto is a pretty good place to do classes like this.

Yea thats true. Friend of mine has just completed his bookwork for Deep Air and Advanced Nitrox. Going to Caymans for the dives in a couple weeks. I guess if you have to do it somewhere, that is the place.

Actually, Dallas/Austin are about the closest places to me to do this, other than out to the Gardens. Hmm....

The problem with the Gardens is there are very few boats that will let you do a deco dive there. Heck most of them have the 100 foot and don't use your pony bottle rule....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom