Diving in NB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sylvain

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there any site on the web showing the different dive sites in NB I have found some by looking at some dive shops but there is not a lot. Anybody out there with links.

Thanks

Sylvain:
Is there any site on the web showing the different dive sites in NB I have found some by looking at some dive shops but there is not a lot. Anybody out there with links.

Salut Sylvain,
There's not really a website that provides information on dive sites in New Brunswick. I know that most divers living in southwestern NB, including me, go to Deer Island on a regular basis. I know the Moncton Dive Club also does some dives in the Northumberland Strait, while Club des Oursins is focused on the Bay of Chaleur.

Your best bet might be to visit your local public library and ask to borrow a copy of The Complete Atlantic Dive Guide, by David N. Barron. It is a few years old and some shore dives may no longer be accessible, but it's still the only reference available out there for dive sites in the Maritimes, as far as I know.

Et voilà, I hope this information will be of some help.

-André in Fredericton

The reason I am asking is am in the process of getting some land in Richibucto, and wanted to know if there was any good site in that area

Sylvain:
The reason I am asking is am in the process of getting some land in Richibucto, and wanted to know if there was any good site in that area
I checked my personal copy of The Combined Atlantic Dive Guide, and here's what I found for the Northumberland Strait area.

• Wreck of Hulton, Portage Island, Miramichi Bay
  • Wreck of Comet, Fox Island, Miramichi Bay
  • Wreck of Dwina, Richibucto River, Rexton
Like I said in my previous post, I know that members from the Moncton Dive Club go dive in the areas around Shediac and Cap-Pelé during the summer.

Sorry I can't be of anymore help here, but I hope someone with more local knowledge of that particular area will take the relay from here.

-André in Fredericton

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom