Need Help with Wrist Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bug man

Registered
Reaction score
OK i need a little help form you guys out there. I am looking at getting a dive computer (wrist Mount) and from what i have seen the Aeris Atmos 2 might be the one for me. I just would like some advice on this. Here is my profile...im a weekend diver who will log about 25-40 dives year. I dive in warm water to about 110 ft. Most are either lobstering or for recreational reef dives. I only dive in Salt Water. If any one knows anything about this Aeris I would appreciate it, also if you know of any others please let me know as i am open to anything. I do like a audible alarm and safty stop features also user replaceable batteries.. i do not want to take out a loan for this so price is a issue, however i will pay more for something better built as long as it is worth it.

Thanks Guys

one big thing about computers is the display. as well as the algarithm in the unit
i hate haveing to squint to see what im reading, or toggle between screens to get the info i want

I have a Suunto Vytec. Has all the features you mentioned plus it can be hoseless air integrated. It downloads to your PC. I have over 100 dives on mine and I still love it. The print is large enough to read easily, but the size of the computer is not overwhelming. The batter is also user changeable.

bug man:
OK i need a little help form you guys out there. I am looking at getting a dive computer (wrist Mount) and from what i have seen the Aeris Atmos 2 might be the one for me.

What is it about this computer that you like? The algorithym? The display size? It might be helpful to know in order for folks to better advise you. Otherwise you might just get a list of people's favorite computers.

well i want something with a nice display not too expensive audible alarm user changable batteries, safty stops notice, fly time, and air and nitrox compatiable

bug man:
well i want something with a nice display not too expensive audible alarm user changable batteries, safty stops notice, fly time, and air and nitrox compatiable

Then you have found the right computer! It is EXACTLY what you described. All the other computers mentioned so far are HUNDREDS more and don't really offer HUNDREDS more in extra options, IMHO. This is coming from an owner of an atmos elite (wireless) that cost HUNDREDS more than the atmos 2, the same as the elite but without the wireless function. The elite and the vytec don't meet the "not too expensive" part.

The atmos 2 is exactly what you are looking for and worth every penny. Make sure to CALL (877-728-2243) Scubatoys.com for pricing on this computer. No I don't work for them, just got a good deal from them on my elite and other things. Very good customer service too.

Here is a quote from scubatoys.com...
"If you find a better price anywhere - we'll meet it or beat it!
All Products have a Full Manufactures Warranty and we are a Factory Authorized Dealer..."

And once again this link...http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=Atmos2Wrist

Have fun with your new toy, whatever it is!:wink:

Another vote for the Atmos 2. I just bought mine from Scubatoys about 2 weeks ago and have 6 dives on it. I absolutely love it. I haven't hit much more than about 60 fsw with it yet, but it's proven itself here in cold SoCal so far.

Also, definitely a vote for scuba toys. Larry and Rick have hooked me up on two complete packages in two weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom