Which one and why

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

efekete

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Dear forum friends, I need your help I'm between the mosquito, the gekko, or the archimede 2 all of them below $320,'which one shall I buy?

Kind regards and thank for your help

What kind of dives do you normally make?? Are you wanting to get Nitrox certified?? Just a few questions. I bought a computer about 6 months ago when I first starting diving, now I just bought the Atmos Elite--this is a great computer. The reason I bought the Atmos is because I wanted to get Nitrox certified, if anytime in the future you plan on getting Nitrix certified buy the computer now, you can use it will air, but it will be ready when you are ready. I have not used any of the computers you mentioned above, but the Atmos is great and about the same price without the transmitter, which you could get later if you wanted too.

Boomo

I went throught the same evolution about 5 months ago. I also considered the Aeris Atmos II and the uwatec aladdin prime. I ended up with the Gekko. It was a Suunto so conservative and has good reliability reports, robust (more than the mosquito) and easy to use. The screen is large and easy to read. It had all of the functionality I needed at a great price. I use a Mac at home so the capability to download my dives is very limited and not much of a factor for me.

My wife and I chose the Gekko. We are not interested in dowloading profiles or using our computers to plan our dives in advance. We just want something that keeps track of our time @ depth and tells us when we need to surface.

Everything we need and nothing we don't ...

'Slogger

I'm thinking about getting the gekko, I'll go to a dive shop on monday to check them all, but I'm leaning towards the gekko, because it has all I need now and in the near future.
Will keep you posted, thanks and kind regards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom