Diving in Halifax this summer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mariloo

Reaction score
Hello :)
Im from Montreal and I'll be spending the summer in Halifax. I'm looking for a dive partner and/or a good diving club where I could find a dive buddy. My certification level is 'advanced'. What are the nice spots in the Halifax region? Also, I have a 7mm 'arctic' wetsuit, is that going to be warm enough to dive in June? I'll be happy to hear any suggestions you have!
Thanks
Marilyn

Hi Marilyn

Welcome to the board. There's plenty of good diving in the Halifax area for you to enjoy during your stay, be it shore or boat/wreck diving that you're after. I would personally recommend these folks in Dartmouth www.torpedorays.com . They have a nice shop, good people and weekly charters scheduled. You'll be able to meet lots of people to get out diving with through them.
The 7mm will be fine for June here, bottom temps will likely be in the low to mid 40's, perhaps higher.... the water didn't cool off quite as much as normal this year. Too many good sites to list by name, but the St Margaret's Bay area has several nice shore dives to choose from.
http://www.diversworld.ns.ca/ This is the link to another shop in Halifax, I've only used them once for a charter... but the staff is nice.

see you on the bottom...

chris

Back
Top Bottom