attaching brass spg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fullbore

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking at the OMS brass 52mm spg but I've noticed that this unit doesn't appear to have any attachment points like the plastic / rubber ones.
Can anyone tell me what the best type of attachment would be?
Not sure whether I'll attach it to a hip d ring or chest.
thanks

fullbore:
Hi,
I'm looking at the OMS brass 52mm spg but I've noticed that this unit doesn't appear to have any attachment points like the plastic / rubber ones.
thanks

I tied a bolt snap onto mine around the base using nylon "cave" line. It works great for clipping the spg off to whatever you'd like to clip it to.

fullbore:
Hi,
thanks

Get a short stainless bolt snap and tie it the hose near the SPG.

About the hose lengh and the attachment point. Think about poor viz condidtions where you need to put the SPG 4 inches from your mask to read it but most of the time you can read a 2 inch SPG while it is clipped to a hip d-ring but I can't see my chest d-ring. It's good not to have to un-clip but

Hmmm
They sent you one with no way to attach it huh?
Well,send it to me and I'll work out all the kinks and send it back to you,with drawings and instructions for use.
And since you are a member of ScubaBoard,I wont even charge you.

It arrived including a rubber type housing with an attachment point on it at no extra charge (wasn't pictured when I purchased it) BONUS ! and I got a brass snap coil lanyard that extends to 36" for only $5 on special for purchasing it to attach to my BC :D
Very happy!

fullbore:
It arrived including a rubber type housing with an attachment point on it at no extra charge (wasn't pictured when I purchased it) BONUS ! and I got a brass snap coil lanyard that extends to 36" for only $5 on special for purchasing it to attach to my BC :D
Very happy!
OMS and DR gauges come with the boot. In fact if you read the catalogue it says the warrantee is void if you dont use a boot.

many of us throw the boot away and tie on a bold snap.

i have nekkid gauges!! :O

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom