Vytec DS Mac OS X Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mdw

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
To start off... I searched the forums and came up empty so...

I'm a Mac guy but until I recently had a winBox for work purposes that I used for my Suunto software. I don't have the PC anymore and I'm looking for software for Mac OS X (universal binary prefered but not neccessary).

I tried DiveLog 1.1 (macdivelog.com) and even after installing the driver for the Suunto USB cable the software can't find my Vytec. The computer can find it but the software won't transfer the data.

Anyone know of any other software and if so do you have an opinion on it?

Thanx,
MDW

Later addendum: DiveLog 1.2 Beta 3 did work thank to those that suggested it.

Nope. I've been looking for Mac-friendly dive computer software for at least a couple of years. One solution some people use is Virtual PC...but be aware it's a major pain in the behind to run any peripherals on that, including a dive computer.

I'm thinking about getting a cheap Dell laptop to use for my dive computer, but I'm not sure I want to deal with the virus hassles and whatnot. Guess I could just never use it for the Web or email.

likelite:
I'm thinking about getting a cheap Dell laptop to use for my dive computer, but I'm not sure I want to deal with the virus hassles and whatnot. Guess I could just never use it for the Web or email.

Why not get a Sensus Ultra dive logger?
http://reefnet.ca/products/sensus/

Would be cheaper than getting another laptop. I have the older Sensus Pro and it works like a dream on my Powerbook.

likelite:
Nope. I've been looking for Mac-friendly dive computer software for at least a couple of years. One solution some people use is Virtual PC...but be aware it's a major pain

Try Nautilus Dive Planner. It is the Mac-friendliest.

MDW,

Contact me by PM (or mail divelog@actwin.com) and I'll help you debug the transfer problem with DiveLog. I have had someone report that the Vytec DS works, though I don't have one myself to test with.

-Mark

Back
Top Bottom