Upside down green moray eel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverguy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I couldn't find an specific forum for fishlife so I thought I'd ask here.

Last weekend I was diving in Key Largo and saw a green moray eel under a ledge sticking it's head out - the odd thing was that it looked like it was laying on its back! I have never seen anything like it before and neither had my dive buddy. Do anyone know why he/she would do that? It was definitely alive and the other green morays I saw on that dive were all "normal"...

/Mike
:confused:

I see our green morays upside down at the aquarium up in Denver all the time.

But it's the wolf eels that get upside down a lot!

Roak

Blue Murays Eels

You know morays are actually blue with a yellow slime:doctor:

I dive at the same aquarium as my buddy roakey. After my shift last Sunday, I noticed some hectic activity at the Sea of Cortez exhibit. Seems one of the morays was "lying on it's side" and this is not normal. Two of the aquarists hastily got in and pulled it out. It's alive, with no apparent problems, but they put it in quarantine to keep an eye on it.

At Colorado's Ocean Journey, everyone who works/volunteers there is constantly on the lookout for "abnormal behaviour."

Joe

Back
Top Bottom