NiTek Plus pressure sensor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SparticleBrane

Contributor
Reaction score
I have NiTek Plus dive computer/bottom timer that I have only used on a few open water dives, but almost 50 dives in the pool (I'm in the pool a lot as I TA for a scuba class at my university). Recently I woke up one morning and it decided I was above 20,000ft in altitude and that it was out of range.
Unfortunately it's out of warranty. Knowing this I took it apart (big mistake--lots of tiny parts. Thankfully it's all back together properly...) and after some fiddling it now thinks I'm between 7,000 and 20,000ft. After careful inspection of the pressure sensor I noted what appeared to be the leg of some small bug attached to it. This was quickly removed...
This past sunday I took it for a dive in gauge mode at the local rock quarry. I had a backup analog depth gauge. No matter what depth--maxed out around 55ft--the watch still showed 0ft.

I am concluding that this is a bad pressure sensor. Since it is out of warranty, would anyone know how to approach going about fixing it? Do you know if I can call up DiveRite and specifically order this one little part?

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom