Versa Pro Depth Adjust?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deuces

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a Versa Pro and I am positive that the depth reading on it is off.

Compared to my analog depth gauge, it's like -5 feet. Compared to a friends' computer gauge, it's off by a few feet as well. I sat in what was at least 10 feet and the reading on my computer was telling me I was only like 5 feet from the surface.

Is there any way of adjusting this on the Versa Pro?

There isn't any way for you to adjust the computer depth reading.

Salt crystals on the strain gauge pressure sensor will sometimes cause depth errors. One possible solution is to remove the computer from any console or holder, and then soak it in warm water. Or perhaps warm water with a touch of vinegar.

If the problem was salt crystals,then this may fix the problem. It did work on one of my older Oceanic computers that had developed a significant depth error.

Good luck.

Deuces:
I have a Versa Pro and I am positive that the depth reading on it is off.

Compared to my analog depth gauge, it's like -5 feet. Compared to a friends' computer gauge, it's off by a few feet as well. I sat in what was at least 10 feet and the reading on my computer was telling me I was only like 5 feet from the surface.

Is there any way of adjusting this on the Versa Pro?

I have a similar problem, except it the magnitude of the error grows the deeper i go. I contacted Oceanic several months ago and was told that they could recalibrate the computer for free if it had warrenty and $85 without warrenty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom