Feedback wanted from owners of Cochran EMC-20H

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brianstclair

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I'm 99% sure I'm going to be ordering a Cochran EMC-20H (3FO2 w/He), and I'm looking for last minute feedback from anyone who actually owns and dives one, positive or negative. Any problems with the computer itself, the analyst software (version 4.01), Cochran's customer support? How about good experiences? Anyone using it for deco dives? Anyone using He? If you use your Cochran for deco dives, do you use your computer as your primary deco schedule or as a backup to custom tables or some other method (hmmm... might make a good other thread...) Thanks!

Speak now or I'll hunt down every one of you when I buy a POS computer :D

Brian

I purchased a Coochran EMC-20H about 6 month ago(instructor intro offer) and have been using it since. Very nice and not as heavy as my VR3. I have been using it for deep dive 200+ and so far it works very well. I also use it on daily basis for clases. Personally I like it better that the VR3 because of weight and ease of operation. I mainly use my VR3 now for rebreather diving and deep dives back up. If you get a Cochran you will not be disapointed!

T

I have been using the EMC-20H for recreational diving in the Philippines and in our local quarry here in Chicago, IL for about 8 months now. No problems so far! It works perfectly! The number displays are big and all infos are right there! Analyst software works great too! Minor complains: it does not count safety stop for you when u get to 20 to 15 ft, i have the red backlight and i wish i would have ordered the yellow backlight as most people said its brighter.I have talked to tech support a few times and they are very helpful! Im happy with it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom