Whiskey Wreck 4-16-6 Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Attempted a dive at the Whiskey Wreck today. Surf wasn't huge, but it big enough to make entry a bit cumbersome with 2-3' sets and choppy. Visibility was a very dirty 1-3', coupled with the surge which would knock us into(or up and over) the wreck, made for interesting circumstances that didn't jive too well with jwhitlock and we agreed to call the dive.

I think he thought I was disappointed that he called the dive, but honestly, I'd rather he call the dive than continue without being totally sure. Chances are, we would have gotten seperated due to visibility and surge, which wouldn't have helped the situation.
icon14.gif
IMO, this is another reason why jwhitlock makes a good dive buddy - gotta know your limits.

Comp says I hit 12' and the dive lasted for 11 min :) Not the shortest, or shallowest dive I've ever made. Definately not the first dive cut short after calling it off either.

Kicked out to the whiskey on Saturday. Vis was horrible. Jetties weren't much better. Saw one sheepshead.

Maybe next time will be better .........The cool thing is that you found it in about a foot of vis...For me and for most people that would be impossible , I was impressed.......Will try it agian another day...Thanks for going.
J.Whit

I'll head out there pretty much anytime :) Hopefully, this wind will die off and the surf will lay down and let the water clear.

Might try this following Sunday?

Spear32:
Kicked out to the whiskey on Saturday. Vis was horrible. Jetties weren't much better. Saw one sheepshead.

I spotted atleast one on the Whiskey, Sunday. Wouldn't doubt there were a nice big school of em - vis just wasn't conducive to seeing em!

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

I guess I'm not the only one to bring surf. I still lay claim to dredges though :D. Glad you were able to make the dive, such as it was.

Doesn't take me alot of convincing to head to the beach, regardless :)

Back
Top Bottom