Diving Ibiza any info ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rdbark

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to Ibiza in September and plan to do some diving while I'm there. I've just done my PADI OW in June, so very new to diving.

If anyone knows of any good companies to use, let me know. I'm staying in San Antonio Bay, but should be able to get around easy enough.

Thanks,

Rich.

I guess Ibiza's not so popular with the diving community then. Starnge, there seems to be a lot of dive centres on the island.

I'm going to try a couple - Rumbo Azul have three centres, so I think I'll try a full day trip with them.

There are also a couple that use Ribs nearer to San Antonio area so I'll try one of those and let you all know what they were like.

Thanks for your reply Damian. I just got back at the weekend actually. I was surprised how many dive centres there actually are, even in San Antonio. I had a quick walk around the harbour and spotted a couple Sirena Diving, and Sea Horse. I also spotted Ibiza Best Dive and another centre at the Nautilaus Hotel both located in the Bay at San An.

I booked three days with Sirena Diving (30 euro's per day including all equipment). Visibility wasn't great the first day, due to two days of winds previously which stirred up the sandy bottoms. This is quite common in September so something to consider if your planning a trip. Water was warm (early 20s C) with the only noticable thermocline at 28-30m plus. The highlight was seeing a shole of 40-50 Barracuda at close range. They were floating close to a large rock and they seemed happy enough for us to get fairly close. Some of them were easily over a metre in length. The guide told us they were nearly always in the same spot, fish you can depend on, always good news :)

Dive boat, kit and team at Sirena Diving were very good. I thought it was a bit irresponsible of the guide taking us down to 30m given we told him it was only our 6th dive. They are quite enthusiastic to show you the sights and I think he just got a bit carried away.

Definatly worth a plunge if your in the area.

jut got back onsaturday. absolutley fab. water 24 which is 4 more than norm for this time of year. go to ibiza best dive next to nautilus hotel. juan and diego are great guys. do not go to sea horse, the guy is an utter wanker

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom