New to Charleston area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver doh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings all!

I have just relocated to the Charleston area and am looking to do some diving.

Been in Florida the last 18 months and did a fair share (okay, nowhere near what I had wanted to do) of diving.

Will be working in the N. Charleston/Ladson area- will probably be living in that general area also.

Any insight, recommendations etc. would be greatly appreciated. Am going to check out Charleston Scuba in the next few days and see what they have to offer. Any suggestions on other dive shops in the area?

Will make at least a trip or two to the Cooper River fossil beds, as that looks to be quite interesting.

Background on me, over 250 logged dives in the Pacific Northwest (cold and low vis, but love it) about 50 dives in Florida (warm is nice) :D Lost count of unlogged dives :D

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

Welcome to the area!! I was certified through and always use the guys at Atlantic Coast Dive Center (ACDC). http://www.atlanticcoastdivecenter.com/ They are in Mount Pleasant and are excellent! Charleston Scuba is okay, but I think the guys at ACDC are more personable and willing to help with what you need.

Good luck on the Cooper River dives...too many snakes and gators for me! I also like more than 1-2 foot viz. (especially with the gators)

Let me know if you have any questions about the area. Been here about 20 years total.

Thanks, I will check them out. Drove by today (knowing they were closed) just to figger out where they are.

The people that I am probably going to rent a condo from, he dives, she doesn't. So that may work out well also. He does a lot of black water diving- something I have not done and would like to try.

Will PM with contact info soon!

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom