oshawa-whitby

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hmmmm....you are probably best to head north to the falls.......Fenelon Falls I think its called. Brian at Divesource in Whitby can give you good directions.

I've done a few shore dives around Oshawa/Whitby area in Lake Ontario and was bored silly. Maybe there is something spectacular to see and we simply missed it, but each time we dove we swam straight out and found nothing but flat sand.

Cheers

hmmmm.....i'm not sure what the normal visibility would be for that area of Lake Ontario.

We dove a couple days in January and the wind was a tad strong......needless to say our vis was about 3 feet because of the wave action. i would say we reached a depth of about 25 feet or so.

While suiting up, we had our share of lectures by "concerned" citizens who couldn't understand why anyone would willingly get into the water that time of year.

I am told by MDDolson's dive buddy that off the shore of Whitby can be found bullet ridden drums and shells from a secret WWII training base that apparently Intrepid trained at (if that doesn't mean anything to you send me a PM and I or another old fart can fill you in on some history). I don't know the specific local but would like to find it - be aware that there is some old live shells apparently down there as well.... I work in Whitby and would be happy to dive with you when you come visiting. I also regularly dive in Burleigh Falls (approx. 1 hour drive North of Oshawa on Hwy 28) 55-60 ft with 10-15 vis. NB. every dive a night dive bring two lights. Water still at 65-67 degrees.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom