Tobermoray.... Here I Come!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_junkie

Reaction score
Just got a call from my LDS... they have a spot that opened up for this weekends trip to Tobermoray. Sort of unfortunate circumstances though for the gentleman that had to cancel (my condolences to you and your family wherever you are..;-0 ), but I am looking forward to it. My dive buddy cant make it, so this will be my own little adventure. Im really geeked about checking wrecks out for the first time. I know a couple of the people that are going from my LDS (instructors, and by chance the guy I was buddied up with for my OW. He and his girlfriend are going.) so it should be fun.

Will post any stories and pics from the trip after I get back from this weekend... :snorkel:

Hasta la pasta!!!
Erich :eek:ut:

lakesdiver once bubbled...
OK, Erich, have fun. Word of advice. Stay off the "Arabia"! It's bitten too many new divers.

Yea, I have to agree that new divers should stay away from her. Even worse, although without the poor history, would be the Forest City.

Tobermory is great, you'll love it. It's cold though!

Tom

WreckWriter once bubbled...

Tobermory is great, you'll love it. It's cold though!

Tom

Beers are great though!

(After the dives, stop early so you can dive the next day!)

It is probably the best vis in the great lakes area that I've seen.
Once when I was shore diving there it was 60F down to 60ft., then 43F...........brrrrrrrrr.- you need a dry suit.

Dive Safe
Caymaniac

I have to say that tobermory hasn't lived up to the hype for visability that i've heard about in the 2 or 3 times i've been there. Has anyone had that rumored legendary visibility recently? I'm just wondering if it was bad luck or something. If you get a chance, a night dive on the tugs is very nice (easy in, easy out and very neat rock formations - the tugs themselves are rather unexciting but the area is nice).

Avoid a long ride to the wetmore - shallow, surgy and lots of spikey things to poke your suit in the surge. The niagra II is nice though, arabia is in good shape and the forest city goes as deep as anyone would want but starts shallowish so lots of variety. The Caves is quite fun too but you likely couldn't spend a lot of time there - however, if you dive out and around near the opening of the caves its interesting enough. The one thing you'll hear (and likely confirm) is that most of the wrecks up there aren't in great shape.

It is VERY cold at depth though. Very very very very cold. Chilly even.

steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom