Going to Tobermoray... Any Advice??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_junkie

Reaction score
Just got the call from my LDS... a spot just opened on their trip to Tobermoray this weekend (posted this on the general discusstion area as well.... minus the question). Im really excited about going and feel this will be a challenging dive, especially for my experience level. The dive leaders are some of the instructors I had for my OW training, so I know them well. Just would like any advice from someone that has been there, or just has some pointers from a higher experience level....

Thanks a bunch!
Erich

Cant wait till tomorrow!!! :snorkel:

1) Dive Safely
2) Have Fun

On a more "serious" note: Make sure you have adequate exposure protection. The water is COLD!

Take care, eh?!

~SubMariner~

at 56' and less.....I was quite comfortable in my 7 mil suit......the temps were about 67 degress + . That was this past weekend. I kbow they said it was still in the 60's at greater depths.

Just go and enjoy, great local pub nightlife, two dive shops if you need any "emergency" gear, grocery store in the village opens at 7:00 am, parking is very limited if you get there in the village any later than 10:00 am......remember there are lots of people their to visit and take the glass bottom boats and the ferry, beautiful quaint, but very busy village.......

Erich,

Toby is my favorite dive destination.
The water is cold. I got 39 deg in late july on the Arabia and my buddy's reg froze at 120ft on the Forest City...So be CAREFULL!
The diving is awsome, the harbors are warm and the zebra muscles are not very well established up there yet. There are lots of Inns and resorts but I usually just stay on my boat in the harbor. Lots of great hiking in the area too!

Have Fun & Be Carefull,

Eric P.

SubMariner once bubbled...
1) Dive Safely
2) Have Fun

On a more "serious" note: Make sure you have adequate exposure protection. The water is COLD!

Take care, eh?!

~SubMariner~

Cold?? Naw, I was just up there a few weeks ago. At 80' the water was a balmy 41 F. A seven mil is probably a good idea.

Have a great time, hopefully I'll be up there this weekend again. I'm only a couple hours away.

At 40° F I dive dry.

Mike D

:blfish:

Had a blast in Tobe yet again.

I dove the niagara II a few times.. it's great. A new one I dove this weekend was the Lady Dufferin... the wreck wasn't great... mostly lumber (some decking) but the cool part was a wall dive... depth was 350 feet... but it looked cool. never dove that one before

Have a good one

Jeff

Dundas once bubbled...
Had a blast in Tobe yet again.

I dove the niagara II a few times.. it's great. A new one I dove this weekend was the Lady Dufferin... the wreck wasn't great... mostly lumber (some decking) but the cool part was a wall dive... depth was 350 feet... but it looked cool. never dove that one before

Have a good one

Jeff

Acording to your Profile you have about 80 dives.
your diving to 350' already?? :confused: wow! :wink:

The depth in spots at the Niagara escarpment ('the wall') is 350'. I dont think Dundas meant he dove to that depth. Anyways, isnt oxgen lethal at 300 feet?

oops.. didnt see that you where just poking fun.. my bad. :eek:ut:

ooopss!!!! your right... I didn't dive to 350 feet.. the wall went that far down to the bottom... i went to 100... but it was cool to know it went that much farther down.

I just happen to enjoy hanging out at 100 feet and looking up and down and just seeing a huge wall... not as colourful as the wall dives in bahammas... but was still cool.

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom