Silicone sealant to mount your compass?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rboyer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anybody heard or tried to mount your compass to the back of your SPG by useinf like 20 year silicone caulking? Any thoughts? Good bad indeferent?:06: I figured w/ it being caulking if I wanted to take it off I would be able to cut it loose and put it back in a console if I wanted to. All I have on my regs is a SPG. I was wearing my compass on one wrist and my computer on my other wrist. I was just wanting to get my compass off my wrist since I do not use it much.

Might work, might increase the chances of snagging on something, which could easily tear it off. Sorta depends on how essential you consider the compass, and how heart-broken you would be if you lost it.

Well I have $20.00 in the compass........so I guess if I lost it oh well!! You know what they say........ "If you loan someone $20.00 and you never see them again it was probably worth it!"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom